Votes: 103 26.0%
  • Somewhat dissatisfied

Votes: 79 19.9%
  • Very dissatisfied

Votes: 67 16.9%

• Total voters
Soldato
Yep watching it.

Wow that's some reduction in borrowing forecast by 2017.

If correct that is a hell of an achievement and would prove that labour where completely incompetent. However will it be 21bn where we are all still paying massive tax.

Man of Honour
As they same time will tell, and very much depends who gets elected. Be nice if the coalition stayed another term. By no means have they been perfect, but been as happy as one can be with the crap choice we have, mainly thanks to public opinion and me me me attitude.

Soldato
As they same time will tell, and very much depends who gets re-elected. Be nice if the coalition stayed another term. By no means have they been perfect, but been as happy as one can be with the crap choice we have, mainly thanks to public opinion and me me me attitude.

Couldnt agree more, I think its important that this coalition stays. Also that people realise that 5 years of more difficult times will set us up better in the future.

Man of Honour
Disappointing tone to "green energy", it's not going fast enough. If we don't spend and get on the bandwagon, I really believe we will miss huge opportunities and paying the price in expensive fuel long into the future.

Caporegime
Disappointing tone to "green energy", it's not going fast enough. If we don't spend and get on the bandwagon, I really believe we will miss huge opportunities and paying the price in expensive fuel long into the future.

Doesn't make financial sense, nuclear all the way.

Soldato

Personally think we should throw up some nuclear power stations, we are not Japan, the worst weather we have had was a mini hurricane the year I was born. Get them built!

Soldato
Do you really want to foot the bills for that? Did you see that Horizon on 'who pays for green energy'? The previous plans were completely unsustainable - no way could the country afford it. It has to be nuclear.

Man of Honour
Doesn't make financial sense, nuclear all the way.

It does in the long term. Especially to busiess and export. As well as fuel security and long term fuel cost, reserch, jobs and the rest.

Nuclear is great and we should be building some, to help with the transition period. But there is also a lack o suitable sites, so we would hard pressed to get a large majority of energy from nuclear. Or at least cheap nuclear.

Do you really want to foot the bills for that? Did you see that Horizon on 'who pays for green energy'? The previous plans were completely unsustainable - no way could the country afford it. It has to be nuclear.

Yes I do, who do you think will benefit from the massive world demand for green tech, who do you think will benefit from secure and cheap energy and so on. If we don't invest it won't be us. We need to take a leaf out of Germanys book, who have purchased ~50% of global solar PV cells and has the leading reserch in hydrogen creation, storage, transport. As well as many other green energy areas.

Last edited:
Caporegime
It does in the long term. Especially to busiess and export. As well as fuel security and long term fuel cost, reserch, jobs and the rest.

Nuclear is great and we should be building some, to help with the transition period. But there is also a lack o suitable sites, so we would hard pressed to get a large majority of energy from nuclear. Or at least cheap nuclear.

Businesses that can only exist because of subsidies? We're in this mess because we gave money out far too easily.

France went through an engery security review in the late 90's and sided with Nuclear as it's a sustainable power source that can be relied upto to provide energy. No green energy offers that security.

Nuclear isn't cheap, but nothing really is. The country will pay less for that energy when it's nuclear, don't forget we want to bring manufacturing back online in the UK and we'll need lots of power for it.

Back
Top Bottom