• Somewhat dissatisfied

Votes: 79 19.9%
  • Very dissatisfied

Votes: 67 16.9%

• Total voters

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

The trouble with the area concept is that it will be based on say the North East. In that area there are people living in rural areas with a high cost of living and should if it was done fairly be given a pay rise.

The highest costs of living are found in the Islands around Britain due to lack of housing(therefore very expensive), low pay and high costs to get goods.

Exactly.

Look at the large civil service prescence on the Fylde coast - there are areas round here that have house prices that will make your eyes water:-

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property...ryDisplayPropertyType=&newHome=&auction=false

Maybe all the Fylde coast civil servants should get a "Fylde coast weighting" so they can go an live in Lytham St Annes ;) But we know that wont happen - the only people that will benefit from local pay bargaining will be those in the SE/S - everyone else will face years of salary stagnation.

Soldato
And I am pretty sure there are "rich" people who get sick of going to work to fund the Jeremy Kyle brigade.

just the same as people on standard tax rates are doing? yes, we all get annoyed but at least the 50% lot dont have to worry as much about the costs of things and whether they will have a decent pension or savings...

Soldato
People actually voted Lib dem last election....

If I did...I would be furious

Gladly I used my brain

so, you either voted for the useless reds or useless blues then?

the way i see it our options are which of the useless gits we pick to rob us blind.

in the last 30 odd years we have seen blues rob us blind and sell everything off, then reds sell some more off and make us broke.

isnt it time the yellow team get a crack?

Soldato
50p cut is likely to be going in because it's both ineffective and very unfair. Stepped tax bands in general are highly unfair, but the 50p rate is driven by jealousy rather than any sort of fiscal justification.

so, you dont think the wealthy should help out a little more than the rest?

you realise in times of prosperity that those earners did very well, but now we are all struggling the middle earners are taking more of the brunt to help the high earners?

no wonder the world is ****ed when the rich are so greedy. heaven help us all...

Exactly.

Look at the large civil service prescence on the Fylde coast - there are areas round here that have house prices that will make your eyes water:-

Interesting this was the area I alluded to earlier. The other significant main employer in the area blames the civil service for the high wages and the locals I know say people want to work at one of those two places due to higher wages.

Without the civil service being in the area I suspect the house prices would be significantly more attractive, bar the ones particularly well placed for the golf course ;)

Soldato
Why? The top 1% pay far too much tax as it is. High earners already pay more tax anyway because they earn more, so it utterly retarded to make them pay a higher percentage as well.

but as we have seen, many of those have managed to fudge it all with director loans and all manner of BS to avoid the tax.

"High earners already pay more tax anyway because they earn more" - yet middle earners are expected to contribute more at the expense of the super rich?

Man of Honour
but as we have seen, many of those have managed to fudge it all with director loans and all manner of BS to avoid the tax.

"High earners already pay more tax anyway because they earn more" - yet middle earners are expected to contribute more at the expense of the super rich?

Yeah because 50% tax bands only affects such people. No one earning that much could possibly be on payee and as such zero way of dodging.

Soldato
This I didn't know, but adds to the fuel that housing cost alone should not dictate high wages for public sector workers. I would also add that travelling costs in most cases is cheaper in London too, the average underground travel card is £50 a week, whereas someone living in a rural area would have to travel further to their place of work, in some cases public transport not even being an option, so that £50 a week wouldn't get you very far...

its only mortgages and house prices than are more. the rest is just BS.

plus, ok, you earn more down south as housing is more. but when you sell the house you have big £ to help downsize or move north (loads of southerners retiring to east midlands has forced our house prices up).

so many people cant seem to understand this.

Soldato
Am I the only one that doesn't get the hype and attraction around London? Yes, it's a world capital. But it has terrible crime, overpriced houses and awful areas such as Croydon/Peckham etc.

I would rather live in Lancaster. Cheap compared to the south, very pretty, next to the Lake District, next to no crime and also less arrogant southerners. With regards to housing, you have your standard terraced 3 bedroom properties right up to the 10 bedroom millionaire pads.

/troll

its seems to be full of greedy miserable rich ***** too...

Soldato
But in general (green grocers, restaurants, cafes), it costs a lot more.

On average, fuel is more expensive in London than out. To say otherwise is stupid.

That depends on the zones you cross, and Londoners need to use the underground more frequently than your metro (per capita).

Still not as expensive and London, and you're still wrong :)

have you been north of watford lately? every time im in london everything is around the same price. restaurants, drinks etc. if you go to posh places you cant compare them to the cheaper places up north. compare like for like. bistro for bistro, cheap pub for cheap pub.

Soldato
£3.45 for a pint of Stella here in my local (hence why I dont go there anymore) in rural lincolnshire.

How does that compare to a normal pub in London? (Not including the West end or Bond St where I paid £5 for a half 10 years ago! :p) Just a normal pub in a normal suburb.

Soldato
£3.45 for a pint of Stella here in my local (hence why I dont go there anymore) in rural lincolnshire.

How does that compare to a normal pub in London? (Not including the West end or Bond St where I paid £5 for a half 10 years ago! :p) Just a normal pub in a normal suburb.

pubs still sell stella?

Soldato

im in lincoln. the londoners seem a bit blinkered. as i say, every time i go down there the prices are what i pay up here... yet i could easily double my salary moving down there (i just dont want to)

Soldato
have you been north of watford lately? every time im in london everything is around the same price. restaurants, drinks etc. if you go to posh places you cant compare them to the cheaper places up north. compare like for like. bistro for bistro, cheap pub for cheap pub.
You're talking to someone who has lived in and around Leeds for 20 years, Bristol for 4 years and London for 1. I've got a good feel ;)

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Interesting this was the area I alluded to earlier. The other significant main employer in the area blames the civil service for the high wages and the locals I know say people want to work at one of those two places due to higher wages.

Without the civil service being in the area I suspect the house prices would be significantly more attractive, bar the ones particularly well placed for the golf course ;)

I don't think you'll find many civil servants living in Lytham St Annes.

I live in Bispham/Norbreck - can never actually work out which one - I get post saying both or sometimes:-

Bispham
Norbreck
Blackpool
Lancs
FY2

What "other significant" employer are you referring to? Wouldn't be HP by any chance would it?

Back
Top Bottom