• Somewhat dissatisfied

Votes: 79 19.9%
  • Very dissatisfied

Votes: 67 16.9%

• Total voters

TMP

TMP

Associate
Games / Animation / TV tax breaks is awesome news, if they have the same impact which they did to the film industry its going to create a lot of extra CG/3D jobs in the country.

Soldato
Why do people bash top earners so much?

I think it was an Andrew Marr documentary on the national consensus that revealed ~5-10% of the population (top earners) contributed something like 43% to income tax totals.

Jealousy and stereotyping me thinks..

Because the left-wing stubbornly refuse to see the big picture so much so it almost makes me think that they are collectively intellectively inferior. People who earn 150K and above tend to be extremely clever and have sussed out life for themselves.

Either by being smart enough to get to the jobs that pay these amounts or business owners who know how to run business, but the likes of realBabelfish and Xmoon will have you believe the money just fell onto their laps.

Last edited:
Associate
Either by being smart enough to get to the jobs that pay these amounts or business owners who know how to run business, but the likes of realBabelfish and Xmoon will have you believe the money just fell onto their laps.

And i bet most of them who are top earners went to university because they earned a place because of the intelligence, not because everyone should go

RDM

RDM

Soldato
Great, the super wealthy elite will get a humongous effective pay rise thanks to today's budget, but next time they get robbed in a Mayfair street for their Cartier watch, or someone throws a brick through their car window, and they wonder why this country is such a dump - they should look in the mirror because they are part of the problem.

So despite the fact that the OBR calculates the measures in the budget will raise five times as much revenue as the 50% tax rate the budget is a bad thing?

Soldato
And i bet most of them who are top earners went to university because they earned a place because of the intelligence, not because everyone should go

yes i believe so, Traders who have masters in maths and work 12hr days to get the kind of salaries. I've got a Bsci in Physics and even their maths challenge me sometimes, it's quicker for them to jot down a formula and work it out on paper then use the computer, they're that fast! Their intelligence is admirable and quite formidable

Soldato
I'm slights confused on corporation tax! I became a limited company yesterday! But what is the current tax rate? Will I save that much?

Soldato
yes i believe so, Traders who have masters in maths and work 12hr days to get the kind of salaries. I've got a Bsci in Physics and even their maths challenge me sometimes, it's quicker for them to jot down a formula and work it out on paper then use the computer, they're that fast! Their intelligence is admirable and quite formidable

Blimey,the traders you are so proud of that nearly bankrupted themselves,way to go,and lots of people work 12 hour days/nights for a pittance :confused:

Soldato
I'm slights confused on corporation tax! I became a limited company yesterday! But what is the current tax rate? Will I save that much?

Current is 26%, from 1 April it will be 24%. Profits are time apportioned.

Edit: Actually, if you're small (which is probable) then it's 20% either way.

Last edited:
Soldato

couldn't agree more, it's frustrating listening to all the bonus/banker bashing etc. Some of the bonuses were undoubtedly silly but to be honest it was the senior managers, the CEOs who had their eye off the ball.

What the city did over the last few years is recruit a bunch of outlandishly intelligent people and tell them to go and make money. You can't blame them for succeeding and I don't think it's unreaonable for them to have received gigantic bonuses.

If the company failed to see the flaws or the bigger picture you can't blame the individuals who did the actual graft and constant bashing of these guys will just see them move overseas.

The proportion of the money that's been spent on schools/hospitals/bankrolling the frankly mental size of our public sector that came from the tax take on the city is eye watering.

If you then take into account that its highly unlikely these people will ever make any use of public services such as police, the NHS, welfare payments etc they're probably getting a bum deal in truth.

But thats part of a reasoned debate, I'm all for the rich paying their way but you can't characterise one side as good and one as evil. By the same score the unemployed single mother who raised me wasn't benefit scrounging dole scum either. It's greys not black and whites.

It bugs me a little that people choose to forget what a percentage is, if the first guy pays 10% of his £20k salary in tax and the next man pays 15% of his £200k salary as an example of something similar to now, not only has the higher paid guy paid significantly more in outright cash, he's also already paid a larger overall percentage.

There is a very real and meaningful argument for a flat tax system, it's the only way it can be fair IMO.

But then we'd need to investigate what an actual living, comfortable income was, taking into account all the things people need and want and then set a flat tax rate accordingly so the lower end wasn't squeezed so it had to decide between heating and food. But thats impossible so what we get is like today, a "neutral" budget which you could argue we'd have probably been better off with not bothering with at all!

Permabanned
I am not arguing that point, but Labour use it as a smokescreen for their fiscal lunacy. Gordon Brown et al. promised the nation that they had done away with boom and bust, but due to their mismanagement and lack of balls to take the financial institutes by the scrotum with better regulation simply milked it all the way to the parlour

the big 3 political parties are the same, but in different colours, thats whats wrong there is no alternative. What grinds me is I get labelled as a labour person, when I've never voted for them in my life, in fact I voted lib dem and for that I'm so sad that they have basically torn up their manifesto to get into bed with the devil tories.

next election unless a true alternative stands, I'm spoiling it by writing something rude on the ballot

The people with the money should look after the most vulnerable in society, people here have some disgustingly greedy views, and are no doubt children of thatcher

Caporegime
So despite the fact that the OBR calculates the measures in the budget will raise five times as much revenue as the 50% tax rate the budget is a bad thing?

Ignoring the dubious independence and track record of the OBR, the 50% income tax raised approx £1bn in tax revenue last year, and would have raised more as income that was brought forward last year to avoid the 50% tax rate cannot avoid the 50% tax rate this year. The evidence presented for cutting the 50% tax rate is extremely flaky at best. Someone has to pay for this tax cut for the rich though, and it looks like it's going to be pensioners and middle income earners. So yes I think this budget is a truly awful thing from a truly despicable chancellor.

Man of Honour
I voted lib dem and for that I'm so sad that they have basically torn up their manifesto to get into bed with the devil tories.

LOL, I don't think you have a clue what was in their manifesto, as a lot of it has been implemented. Far more than their voter share.

Soldato
So for the people that voted either somewhat dissatisfied or very dissatisfied, what are you dissatisifed about?

Are you peronally worse off? Do you think the cuts don't go far enough? Do you think the cuts are in the wrong area?

Soldato
the big 3 political parties are the same, but in different colours, thats whats wrong there is no alternative. What grinds me is I get labelled as a labour person, when I've never voted for them in my life, in fact I voted lib dem and for that I'm so sad that they have basically torn up their manifesto to get into bed with the devil tories.

next election unless a true alternative stands, I'm spoiling it by writing something rude on the ballot

The people with the money should look after the most vulnerable in society, people here have some disgustingly greedy views, and are no doubt children of thatcher

Stop voting, violent revolution against the system is the only answer, combat liberalism.

Back
Top Bottom