• Neutral

Votes: 103 26.0%
  • Somewhat dissatisfied

Votes: 79 19.9%
  • Very dissatisfied

Votes: 67 16.9%

• Total voters
Soldato
Why do you think there should be wealth equality?

I need someone to polish my shoes. If the shoe shine boy suddenly earns the same as me then I'll have to shine my own shoes. That just won't do :(

To be fair I think he's just saying that the wealth gap should be lessened. The distribution of wealth in this country is pretty horrendous these days.

Soldato
The whole system is about rewarding those who work hard, and contribute far more through taxes than people on low income. We need to ensure that those who work hard and earn a lot (who are usually wealth creators as well) aren't forced out of the country. People aren't exploiting the working classes in the slightest, they have had many breaks in this budget and in previous ones. It's about time people stop thinking that they deserve to be rich through no work and that someone else should pay for all that they want.

I'm not rich, I have a very much working class job, I'm just sensible and can see the bigger picture.

This whole last paragraph seems based on the assumption that people on low incomes are automatically not hard workers, and people on high incomes automatically are, which simply isn't the case.

I agree that we need to balance our taxes so as not to push away the high tax contributors, but I find it quite insulting that you imply all people on low incomes are not hard working.

Soldato
This whole last paragraph seems based on the assumption that people on low incomes are automatically not hard workers, and people on high incomes automatically are, which simply isn't the case.

I agree that we need to balance our taxes so as not to push away the high tax contributors, but I find it quite insulting that you say people on low incomes do no work.

Didn't mean to come across like that. I apologise. I was getting a few points in about MrMoon's views that it is acceptable for people to sit leaching off benefits instead of doing some honest work.

Soldato
Ok on topic but probably with a few spelling errors....:D

A rise on fags, but none on booze, why might this be? A bigger backlash? Surely they would make just as much by putting the price up? Yes I had a dig at the smokers and got my ass handed to me, but I do drink and can safely say I wouldnt mind if the price went up, I drink once a week and see it as a chance to blow off steam, If that means adding £5 to my night out, so be it.

Soldato
There is a 5% increase on alcohol, effective from Sunday. ;)

I made a post somewhere about this the other month compelling people to email their MPs telling them to support a private members bill aimed at scrapping the alcohol escalator.

Soldato
Ok on topic but probably with a few spelling errors....:D

A rise on fags, but none on booze, why might this be? A bigger backlash? Surely they would make just as much by putting the price up? Yes I had a dig at the smokers and got my ass handed to me, but I do drink and can safely say I wouldnt mind if the price went up, I drink once a week and see it as a chance to blow off steam, If that means adding £5 to my night out, so be it.

Shall we put an end to this now :)

<offers olive branch>

it does seem odd that fags are going up yet you can still buy a bottle of killer cider dirt cheap!

Soldato
I like the way you edit it and change what i wrote.

As i say, who cares about capitalisation?

You can drop at your desk any time you want. Are you tired?

Well...by the way you where picking my grammar to shreds....you do.

Anyway "I'm out."

Admitted I got my arse handed to me and tried to get back on topic.

Soldato
There is a 5% increase on alcohol, effective from Sunday. ;)

I made a post somewhere about this the other month compelling people to email their MPs telling them to support a private members bill aimed at scrapping the alcohol escalator.

Where was that mentioned? Odd the BBC didnt pick up on it thought they would be all over that!

Soldato
_59219185_014317284-1.jpg

someone needs a hug i think :D

Soldato
Didn't mean to come across like that. I apologise. I was getting a few points in about MrMoon's views that it is acceptable for people to sit leaching off benefits instead of doing some honest work.

Fair enough, I agree with that.

As always, it's the low-mid earners who are shafted.

Sit on your bum watching Jeremy Kyle all day - get everything paid for.

Have a half decent household income (£30-40k) - don't need to worry <too much> about paying the bills and being able to afford food.

If you're stuck in the middle of that then you get no help and constantly get screwed over by the never ending increases in fuel duty, VAT, food & energy prices, transport costs to get to work, council tax, etc.

Suspended
It was just a statement, I wasn't trying to make any sort of comparison. Ignore the "these days" part if it makes the sentence more palatable to you.

I'll have to disagree then. I don't think there's an issue with wealth distribution in this country per se. I simply believe that we're turning into a nation with an expectation culture. People want wealth without working for it.

Soldato
the global financial BS is down to capitalism being full of total fail, the whole system is boom and bust, supporting a broken system is whats wrong

I am not arguing that point, but Labour use it as a smokescreen for their fiscal lunacy. Gordon Brown et al. promised the nation that they had done away with boom and bust, but due to their mismanagement and lack of balls to take the financial institutes by the scrotum with better regulation simply milked it all the way to the parlour

Back
Top Bottom