*** The Car Cleaning Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at my local sainsburys the other day, they've got those car cleaning guys there who clean your car while you go shopping.

I spied a couple of the blokes crouching down behind some skips decanting what looking like Irn Bru and caster sugar into their spray bottles, what the hell could they be using it for?!

Did a quick clean of the car today. Worked at a petrol station for a while so have always had free car & jet washes. Sacrilege I know!

Anyway yeah 1hr and 45 minutes later I am quite happy with the results. Have not got any pictures but can anyone advise me on a half decent set of stuff to purchase for roughly £50.

Will be getting a nice set of stuff at the end of next month hopefully and will be doing this more regularly. Gets you quite attached to your vehicle doesn't it? Taking a good bit of care on it.

What product would people recommend for getting off *really* in-grained tar / dirt spots on the paint work? My mum's car is a bit neglected on the detailing front, and has little specks all over the horizontal surfaces. They will come off with judicious fingernail-picking but AG Intensive Tar Remover (the only suitable product I have other than some AG wheel cleaner which just about works) won't touch it.

2 Buckets
Micro fibre cloths
Washmit
Shampoo
Autoglym SRP
and a wax

That will give you a good basic kit. really depends on what you want to spend.

Had my car washed at a 'hand wash' just north of Didsbury and to my surprise they were using snow foam then jet washing before they touched the car with a sponge, very nicely done and £12 inside and out.

Was waiting to see what he wanted to spend. Megs shampoo i would also recommend, lasts for ages. Autoglym SRP works well when combined with a wax. Really does depend on what you want to initially spend.

True but basics like meg shampoo and SRP are not bad products and relatively on the cheap side of things plus they are almost on the must have list really.

The big cost comes with other bits which he can go into if he wants to.

AG Aquawax isn't that expensive either, in fact in Halfords 3 for 2 he could get that free as its the cheapest of the 3.

SRP is only a must if you don't have a Rotary :) There are so many products available these days, it really does come down to what you get on best with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom