*** The Car Cleaning Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes and that's why we always recommend putting a good wax on TOP of the polish. SRP Doesn't cut indeed, it fills and that's why it works so well and the wax on top extends the deep gloss the combination provides year round.

That's why you use a long lasting wax.

Like I've mentioned countless times before, I wax once maybe twice a year and the deep gloss never goes away.

That's why you use a long lasting wax.

Like I've mentioned countless times before, I wax once maybe twice a year and the deep gloss never goes away.

This. I've noticed this too but with the the cheapo Turtle Wax advanced green bottle Wax thing. I didn't use much but for the price it does seem very good and after just a wash the car has a nice deep shine to it. Really adds definition.

I would like to try a polish, but at the moment I don't see the point.

SRP is a polish, filler and sealant all in one.

It has very little cut, lots of fillers and a light sealant which is why you get beading after you used it. If it was just a filler, you wouldn't get any beading.

That said, the sealant is very weak and will last a wash or two if you're lucky. It needs a tough wax afterwards.

srp cuts

also not true

people have successfully polished things for years by hand with polishes until detailing world and mass marketing from detailing product manufacturers hit the web

You can only usually get very minor surface marks with a polish, but hand applied stuff just tends to fill and mask, you are not going to flat lacquer by hand its a simple as that.

Long afternoon but well worth putting in some effort. Used the usual array of autoglym products (aqua wax etc). ;)

IMG_1121.jpg

IMG_1122.jpg

IMG_1124.jpg

IMG_1123.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom