*** The Car Cleaning Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just placed an order for P1 Gtechnique, a new drying towel, microfibre clothes and a few other odds and sods.

My cars been long wanting a polish to get rid of the swirls - not too heavy but some areas could do with some work.

I have next week off from work and plan on spending a few days polishing (by hand).

Good luck with that one. swirls can be a nitemare to remove fully. Your going to look like Arnie after though, so result. Make sure you get some before and after pics.

Before and afters with a rotary and a combination of Menz 3.08 and 3M ultrafine

DSC03013.jpg

DSC03014.jpg

DSC03015.jpg

DSC03016.jpg

DSC03018.jpg

2012-03-01174738.jpg

2012-03-01175426.jpg

by hand you will be in for a long slog. Mine was quite bad and took a few more passes than i expected but, happy with the results overall

Last edited:
What product would people recommend for getting off *really* in-grained tar / dirt spots on the paint work? My mum's car is a bit neglected on the detailing front, and has little specks all over the horizontal surfaces. They will come off with judicious fingernail-picking but AG Intensive Tar Remover (the only suitable product I have other than some AG wheel cleaner which just about works) won't touch it.

my wife's car had baked on dirt and sap spots all over the bonnet and roof. I tried clay, tar remover everything. what completely shifted it (with ease I might add) was a reasonably strong solution of flash ("test on a small area first").

my wife's car had baked on dirt and sap spots all over the bonnet and roof. I tried clay, tar remover everything. what completely shifted it (with ease I might add) was a reasonably strong solution of flash ("test on a small area first").

Flash? are you nuts?

Flash? are you nuts?

I was referring to Flash all purpose/floor cleaner not any toilet cleaning products. It smells of lemon and is bright yellow.

And it removed all the baked on crud from the wifes' car without causing any problem. (except that 2 weeks later she wrote the car off...)

Was waiting to see what he wanted to spend. Megs shampoo i would also recommend, lasts for ages. Autoglym SRP works well when combined with a wax. Really does depend on what you want to initially spend.

Hi,

I have literally nothing - not even a bucket.

Would like to spend maybe £50 to begin with.

So...

2 Buckets
Micro fibre cloths
Washmit
Meguire gold class shampoo
Autoglym SRP
Autoglym Aquawax

Sounds good?

A[L]C;22620655 said:
Hi,

I have literally nothing - not even a bucket.

Would like to spend maybe £50 to begin with.

So...

2 Buckets
Micro fibre cloths
Washmit
Meguire gold class shampoo
Autoglym SRP
Autoglym Aquawax

Sounds good?

That should keep you going for a while. Consider buffing towels that are a bit fluffyer for getting the SRP off.

A[L]C;22621520 said:
Cheers.

Wish halfords would hurry up and do a 3 for 2, would like to wash it this weekend.

It's still on in my local one, was in there yesterday.

Oh, if you don't have a attachment to the end of your hose, ASDA are selling them at like £2 each atm with the fitting attachment at 30p. You can then turn the hose into a gun with different sprayer settings.

In my student house I had to have the hose from the tap in the back garden, through the kitchen window, through the entire house and out the front door. The housemates didn't really like this in November but I was determined to give the car a pre-winter polish and sealant :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom