*** The Car Cleaning Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, the prices of Nilfisk pressure washers have gone sky high.

My mum has taken her's back home, figured I'd buy one to save carting it around. They were ~£45-50 the last time I checked, around £90 now!

Damn, the prices of Nilfisk pressure washers have gone sky high.

My mum has taken her's back home, figured I'd buy one to save carting it around. They were ~£45-50 the last time I checked, around £90 now!

Nope. Still around £60 at The Range. Saw fresh stock last week in my local store.

Cleaned my car for the first time this year at the begging of the month. Only a shampoo, not looking that bad, the wax is holding out in most places. Gonna need a good claying and start over come spring time though!

313836_10151707546994554_1377116157_n.jpg

376251_10151707547309554_621019498_n.jpg

With the amount of salt and grime on cars at the moment, is it safe to go straight in with a wash mitt and 2BM without causing marring or swirls? Mine is filthy but don't have a pressure washer to snow foam the grime beforehand.

Use the pressure washer at a carwash? £1 and a minute of your time to make sure any particularly chunky salt deposits are gone

I have used the jet wash at my local shell for this before, wasn't £1 but more like £2.50 iirc. In the past it doesn't seem to have moved much just by blasting it on its own.

After further reading on Detailing World, I'm going to order some Valet Pro pre wash Citrus and put some into a pressure sprayer. Take that to the jet wash, put that on and let it soak and loosen dirt and then power wash off.

I've got some spare wheels which I need to fit for a while whilst mine are being re-furbished. Unfortunately, my spare set have got some dried on brake dust which has been there for yuears, and no amount of wheel cleaners I've used will shift it.

Can anyone reccommend something other than the norm for getting rid of it? I guess I could try some wonder wheels but I've read varying reviews about it. Am I better off attacking it with a fsmall fine wire brush?

Thanks.

What wheel cleaner are you using?

If you are certain it is brake dust then a a few hits with a fall out remover should do the job. I used Iron X however have heard some good things about wolfs chemicals de-ironizer for wheels as thicker and can leave it to dwell for longer. Be prepared though for a disguisting smell though.

Edit: Got the name wrong, now corrected.

Last edited:
I just got my snowfoam lance today and I'm just wondering what ratio is everyone using?

The bottle that comes on the lance is 1L. What ratio does everyone use to get a good thick foam? How long does everyone leave the foam on for before rinsing off?

I've got some spare wheels which I need to fit for a while whilst mine are being re-furbished. Unfortunately, my spare set have got some dried on brake dust which has been there for yuears, and no amount of wheel cleaners I've used will shift it.

Can anyone reccommend something other than the norm for getting rid of it? I guess I could try some wonder wheels but I've read varying reviews about it. Am I better off attacking it with a fsmall fine wire brush?

Thanks.

Iron X.

Just a heads-up for anyone else who's been trying to find some decent spray bottles that won't start leaking horrid smelling chemicals on your hands (Iron-X etc), these guys on eBay have got 5 Autosmart bottles for £12.50:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130677443762?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I received mine the other day and they seem pretty decent. Looking forward to breaking them out tomorrow morning to give the car a thorough clean!

Out of interest, are there any good products that I could use to clean up and seal my wheel arches? I've got Tardis and G101 on hand, but I've read Waxoyl (sp) is pretty poor at what it does. Are there any better alternatives out there?

Thanks

I just got my snowfoam lance today and I'm just wondering what ratio is everyone using?

The bottle that comes on the lance is 1L. What ratio does everyone use to get a good thick foam? How long does everyone leave the foam on for before rinsing off?

What product are you using?

Is it an actual cleaning product you're using or just a fake big foamer that looks pretty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom