*** The Car Cleaning Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
happyohstopityoullarge.png

Seen as the weathers turned a bit nicer decided to give it a good going over.

Wash
Autobrite Citrus Cleaner
Megs Clay
Autobrite Cherry Glaze applied by rotary
Autobrite Black Magic Wax
Autobrite Berry Blast Tyre Gel

I find Cherry Glaze to be a fantastic product, it's an all in one so cleanses, polishes and fills and best of all it doesn't stain trim so you don't have to be too careful or even mask up when applying by rotary.

It did a great job restoring the window trim which was slowly turning into an oily purple colour, I've seen this happen on quite a few X5's.

20130218_110326.jpg

Hopefully it will be long lasting.

20130218_113229_0.jpg

20130218_123948.jpg

20130218_124902.jpg

The weather was a bit damp but wasn't too much of a problem.

20130218_124836.jpg

Last edited:
As I've got a new focus what do you guys recommend for cleaning it?
I don't want to spend hours on it, but want to do a decent job.
Any pointers?

After moving a carpet and a dismantled computer desk the inside of my Golf now looks like a rubbish tip.
Coupled with not being cleaned for nearly a month (in and out) it now also has about an inch of dirt and sand on the outside :(

heres mine last week:

washed with duragloss 901, 2bm, washmit etc

since then, had the car clayed, polished and CQuartz (CQUK) sealant applied, Gtechniq G1 on windows. Just waiting for it to cure properly before washing it again (1 week)

some pics just after the cquartz applied:

Im thinking of getting the following from CYC. Can anyone recomend or improve on the below?

Car-Lack 68 Shampoo (1000ml)
Miracle Dryer Towel - Ultra Plush 25" x 36"
Sonus SFX Ultra-Fine Detailing Clay Sampler
Collinite 476S - Super Doublecoat Auto Wax

Just a wash with Turtle Wax and a bog standard sponge as that's all I had. This is my new car and I never washed the old one myself :p.

I'm loving the way the camera makes the car look super immaculate :D

Celica1_zps2944d393.jpg

Celica2_zpsc2a43658.jpg

Celica3_zpsf4dee76a.jpg

Celica4_zps7c3f4187.jpg

Celica5_zpscfe8c1f2.jpg

Celica6_zps8b2a811f.jpg

Celica7_zps6129f23f.jpg

Celica8_zps945003f1.jpg

Polished bliss currently have a 3 for 2 deal on Auto Finesse products till the end of March.

I ordered some Citrus Power, Tripple and Revive yesterday. Just need the time to clean it when it arrives :(

What do people use when they really want to 'deep clean' their wheels? I don't think I have any strong enough products. I took one of mine off today to see how clean I could get it but despite my elbow grease, this is as good as I could get the inside:

Before:

AqcozqV.jpg

After:

zv3C74P.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom