*** The Car Cleaning Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you tried Wonder Wheels? It's nasty if you get it on hands so wear gloves!

It comes with a little brush which is handy, and should help. £8 from Halfords too!

Has anyone got a recommendation for a car odour remover?

Seen those Dakota odour bombs but not sure what to try, theres a lingering damp smell even though the water leak is fixed. Guess its good old mildew.

Your best bet is a steam cleaner as it's going kill most bacteria, can pick them up about £40 and handy for engine bays etc as well!

Has anyone got a recommendation for a car odour remover?

Seen those Dakota odour bombs but not sure what to try, theres a lingering damp smell even though the water leak is fixed. Guess its good old mildew.

You could try Car Pride AC cleaner. At £2 each from Amazon or Ebay, they are definitely worth a try. I got rid of the smoke smell from my first car using it. In fact, just ordered 3 today to freshen up my parents' and my car.

Car needs a good clean as it has been neglected horribly over the winter, Did the inside last night and need to give the outside a really good go. I have 0 products, what can you guys suggest? Do not want to break the bank as its only a corsa

Some bilthammer clay (can never spell it)
Megs gold class shampoo
Autoglym super resin polish
Wax of your choice, FK1000, can

You will need microfibres and drying towels, some brushes for the alloys. 2 buckets and a mitt.

Depends how far you want to go, some PERL if you want to give any black plastic trim a freshen up, use it on tyres as dressing, autosol and wire wool to clean exhaust.

What's the correct order for applying products?

After a good snow foam and wash I normally whack a bit of Autoglym SRP on top and that lasts a while but my Bro has just given me some Meguirs wax.

Do you wax (buff off) and then SRP or the other way round?

What's the correct order for applying products?

After a good snow foam and wash I normally whack a bit of Autoglym SRP on top and that lasts a while but my Bro has just given me some Meguirs wax.

Do you wax (buff off) and then SRP or the other way round?

SRP then wax

Polish the car first to get rid of blemishes and wax to protect the paint.

If you wax first then SRP, the SRP will take off the wax...

Clay it before polishing.

Yeah I will do, I last did it just before the winter so it's due a good seeing to.

That plus the ****ing garage washed it after a service and by the looks of the windows, they used a tramps bath water.

I dread to think what they used to wash it :/

Detailing with poorboys!

Hey guys,

I'm sure there are plenty of other threads about detailing etc, but i wanted to direct this to people who just use poorboys products.

So far i've been using

1) Autoglym Super Resin

2) Poorboys Black Hole

3) Poorboys bold & bright tyre shine

I've got a metallic black e46

I've been quite impressed with the Black hole, its easy to remove and seems to give a nice shine.

Question is, what else should i be using before (Shall i ditch the super resin?) and what else after?

I'm going to be buying some more poorboys products this weekend and want to know what would be good. I have quite a lot of swirl marks on my paint... is there anything that will get rid of these apart from a full buff?

Also, where is the cheapest poorboys stockist? I've been buying from my local shop, but they don't seem very clued up on what does what...?

Thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom