*** The Car Cleaning Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
What tyre dressing do people on here recommend? I've been using AG for a while and it's rubbish, slings all over the body work no matter how little you apply and last no time at all.

Was looking at the glossy Auto Finesse, thoughts?

Hi Guys

Was washing my car today and noticed that there is tar all over the paintwork at the sides and round the arches. I am assuming this is due to amount of road re-surfacing that has been going on in my area over the last few months. It is just covered in little black tar spots.

What do you guys recommend/use to remove it without damaging the paintwork?

Thanks

Another vote for Autosmart Tardis, though most places sell it in 5 litre containers but you can get smaller quantities on ebay. However I am always a bit wary of ebay as some of the stuff they sell isn't real or is diluted with something. If cleaning your (or anyone elses car) is a regular thing then tardis is something you are going need then I would suggest getting a 5 litre of a reputable retailer - polished bliss probably best as they offer free postage :)

Alternatively, you give them a call and get the telephone number for your local rep and get it off him. I assume that the reps prices are competitive as comes direct from AS but not had need to ring my yet to find out. They may also be able to supply smaller quantities than 5 litres too.

Alternatively, you give them a call and get the telephone number for your local rep and get it off him. I assume that the reps prices are competitive as comes direct from AS but not had need to ring my yet to find out. They may also be able to supply smaller quantities than 5 litres too.

From what I've heard the prices vary from rep to rep, case in point I got mine from somebody local to me on detailing world who just happened to be doing an order at the time, he didn't go to the local rep but one near where he worked as they were cheaper.

What tyre dressing do people on here recommend? I've been using AG for a while and it's rubbish, slings all over the body work no matter how little you apply and last no time at all.

Was looking at the glossy Auto Finesse, thoughts?

I've just ordered some carpro perl for tyres. Will let you know how it is

I've also used AF glossy tyre dressing. No matter how much I put on I can never get it to gloss lol

I need some advice guys.

My new car has a gloss black interior fascia which constantly attracts dust! However I know how easy it is to get swirl marks on glossy surfaces so im wondering what's best to clean it with? Any particular type of cloth? Any cleaning liquids that would help with the swirl marks?

I need some advice guys.

My new car has a gloss black interior fascia which constantly attracts dust! However I know how easy it is to get swirl marks on glossy surfaces so im wondering what's best to clean it with? Any particular type of cloth? Any cleaning liquids that would help with the swirl marks?

Microfibre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom