Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Don't listen to anyone who says you've wasted your money, a good detailer is worth their weight in gold. Looks stunning, it's up to you now to maintain that beauty ;)
One becomes used to people telling you how to spend your money when you've got a bit. Each to their own, I never seek confirmation on things like this, but appreciate others have different opinions on how they would spend their money, or when they don't have as much/more, what represents value to them. All part of a good forum :)

Soldato
Just to be clear.

I didn't tell you how to spend your money.

If you can afford to do it then go for it.

When i have a larger income that allows for it I'm sure i will also buy into high end detailing... If i had a nice car lol

One becomes used to people telling you how to spend your money when you've got a bit. Each to their own, I never seek confirmation on things like this, but appreciate others have different opinions on how they would spend their money, or when they don't have as much/more, what represents value to them. All part of a good forum :)

Man of Honour
Just to be clear.

I didn't tell you how to spend your money.

If you can afford to do it then go for it.

When i have a larger income that allows for it I'm sure i will also buy into high end detailing... If i had a nice car lol
No problem I took it that way. We are all entitled to our perspective, take no issue with that at all.

Man of Honour
I was thinking about £500, so this isn't TOO bad.

Aside from the paint, do they clean and seal the wheels, stone chips, engine bay, interior like leather treatment for this price bracket?

No work on chips

It was a 3 day detail, wheels off, arches, inside (steam clean, leather treatment with a lovely treatment that leaves the leather like new, not shiny) and out and then heat treatments. I also have a 2nd follow up treatment in a couple of weeks included in that price where they do a round 2!

Caporegime
No work on chips

It was a 3 day detail, wheels off, arches, inside (steam clean, leather treatment with a lovely treatment that leaves the leather like new, not shiny) and out and then heat treatments. I also have a 2nd follow up treatment in a couple of weeks included in that price where they do a round 2!

What's in round 2?

Soldato
Midlands Car Care are good - Russ is very particular. He was a regular poster on here a few years back.

My car went to them for some paint work, there were some issues regarding timing (turned up to drop it off and nobody was there, followed by continual delayed collection dates and the quality of the work completed) but in fairness, Russ sub's the work out so it was no fault of theirs directly and he did his best and resolved it to my satisfaction. I have no doubt however that if you took your car there to be detailed you would not be disappointed.

They are however very hard to get hold of on the phone, you will almost certainly get a quicker response via Facebook PM - usually a day or two.

Last edited:
Soldato
So a bit annoyed with autoglym tar remover, it works but not as good as expected I.e the tar doesn't just melt off to be wiped away like in the videos. It's easier to remove with my nails than a cloth but that's not recommended obviously.

I guess the tar has been there too long!

Soldato
So a bit annoyed with autoglym tar remover, it works but not as good as expected I.e the tar doesn't just melt off to be wiped away like in the videos. It's easier to remove with my nails than a cloth but that's not recommended obviously.

I guess the tar has been there too long!
Autosmart Tardis is BOSS.

Soldato
What exactly do they sub out? And why was the quality of the work completed a problem?

You're not filling me with confidence :D

Just the painting work. I had an Electric Orange Focus ST which are notoriously difficult to get a colour match on. The company that MCC use are very, very good at pearlescent paint so I went ahead and made a booking.

The issues came when a collection date was agreed and in a nutshell the car was not ready. I sat waiting for 2 hours for them to return it (back to MCC) and when they did there was lots of little things that i wasn't quite happy with that needed seeing to. Usually MCC get the car back, sort the finishing touches and then tell you its ready to collect.

Russ was great about the whole thing and very professional in how he dealt with it but it left me without a car for 3-4 weeks and lots of wasted journeys (40 miles each way).

I don't know if it was just me getting wound up but the whole experience left me exhausted and fed up.

Soldato
Autosmart Tardis is BOSS.

i did consider that but was an autoglym sale at halfords so...

Maybe next time once I've run out of this stuff, which shouldn't take long considering how effective it is!

Also what and how do people apply tyre gel? The stuff I have is really messy either with a spray or applicator..

Soldato
i did consider that but was an autoglym sale at halfords so...

Maybe next time once I've run out of this stuff, which shouldn't take long considering how effective it is!

Also what and how do people apply tyre gel? The stuff I have is really messy either with a spray or applicator..

I've got http://www.halfords.com/motoring/ca...rs-endurance-high-gloss-tyre-protection-473ml which is my favorite out of all the ones I've tried and lasts quite long.

all I do is add some to the usual kitchen sponge and apply it to the tyre then wipe off anything that touches the rim. Easy and clean. Much easier than the previous one I used which was AG tyre shine I think it was called, the spray = mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom