Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
i did consider that but was an autoglym sale at halfords so...

Maybe next time once I've run out of this stuff, which shouldn't take long considering how effective it is!

Also what and how do people apply tyre gel? The stuff I have is really messy either with a spray or applicator..

Lol fair enough :)

I use a meguiars applicator pad... but to be honest a cut up car sponge (new one) would probably be the same

EDIT: Just looked at the link above... I also use either that or Mer Rapid Dry Tyre Shine

Last edited:
Soldato
I've got Turtle Wax Wet 'n' Black Tyre Dressing.. only problem with sponge is it goes all black and greasy.. unless I buy something like the meguiar tyre applicator which makes it easier to use and store.

Just been doing some surfing, might just go with something like a normal sponge that comes with a handle instead! Sorted ..

Last edited:
Soldato
Had a couple of cars today, had to dodge the rain however.

zsWYk59.jpg

This corsa gets nothing but hand car washes from your local EU outfit or automated machine washes, so it was good to give it a proper going over. Just a wash though the paint is really rough and the wheels are full of tar, seriously needs some TLC.

yOlrgxs.jpg

Laid down a small amount of protection too which aided it in shining.

Soldato
Anyone got any hidden gems in terms of wheel brushes? My fiesta has really awkward alloy spokes, slightly too small to get my hands/mitt behind and too small for most generic brushes.

Having had a look around, seems the only options are an expensive thing like a wheel Woolley or a cheap microfibre thing which most reviews say will fall apart/scratch the alloys.

Soldato
I have a couple of Valet Pro brushes. They were about £4 for a pair from eBay. I too couldn't bring myself to spend ten times that amount on something which would only be marginally better.

Soldato
Picked up th new car Friday just gone; plan to wash it on Thursday in the good weather. I have a couple of things from when i've previously washed my last car to use. I've got a tub of Simoniz wax. I've used it once on my motorbike with decent results tbf, but it was a case of apply on one panel, then immediately buff it back off the same panel before it dries. Feel like I'm going to have to work very quickly on the car panels to keep it from drying before i get chance to buff it.:eek:

Also, do i need anything special for diamond cut wheels? I hadn't given it a thought until now :p

Finally, any suggestions for Chrome exhaust tips to kee them looking nice and shiny :)

Man of Honour
The worst bit about having good beading this time of year is that when the rain dries you're left with a car caked in dust/pollen spots. My car looks filthy the morning after it's rained :(

Soldato
The worst bit about having good beading this time of year is that when the rain dries you're left with a car caked in dust/pollen spots. My car looks filthy the morning after it's rained :(

yup.. mine is covered in a layer of it! looks terrible! wash it off, two days later it's covered in it again. GRR

Soldato
Anyone got any hidden gems in terms of wheel brushes? My fiesta has really awkward alloy spokes, slightly too small to get my hands/mitt behind and too small for most generic brushes.

Having had a look around, seems the only options are an expensive thing like a wheel Woolley or a cheap microfibre thing which most reviews say will fall apart/scratch the alloys.

This one is brilliant for reaching right through to the back of the wheel, it even squeezes between the wheel and caliper and is flexible too - http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wheels-and-tyres/vikan-wheel-brush/prod_389.html

Soldato
Are we getting Saharan dust again or something? I'm off work this week and was planning to clean both cars, but noticed this morning that all the cars in our road have a layer of sandy dust on them. Don't want to bother if they are only going to get dusty again.

Soldato
Are we getting Saharan dust again or something? I'm off work this week and was planning to clean both cars, but noticed this morning that all the cars in our road have a layer of sandy dust on them. Don't want to bother if they are only going to get dusty again.

I guess, I didn't see anything on the news etc but both my cars are covered in a thin layer of it! my black mazda looks to have a gold roof from a distance haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom