Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Need a good tar remover. Winter use has covered it and stands out on white

Theres stuff called Tardis which is always recommended, but I've found Autoglym Intensive Tar Remover very effective. Great for lots of other stuff too...melts through left over sticker residue, for instance.

Soldato
First time using snow foam yesterday (Auto Finesse Avalanche). Really impressed! I just washed it off after as I only wanted to get the main dirt off, I gave the car a proper clean the other day but with the weather as it is, it didn't stay clean for long. I was surprised how much it removed. Granted when the car dried there was still a general layer of lighter dirt, but the main stuff was removed.

2zoc135.jpg

Has anyone used Gyeon View yet? I was a bit underwhelmed with the Caramics glass kit, and the reviews and videos of View look amazing. And it looks pretty easy to apply.

Soldato
Gave mine a much-needed clean at the weekend and also (hand)polished with SRP then followed up with EGP.

Paintwork is in a pretty poor state, but now we've moved and I finally have a garage and driveway again rather than parking on main road and public car parks I can get it sorted. Otherwise, from a distance, it looks very nice indeed when shiny!

img_3546.jpg
Looks incredible.

Is that Azurite or Carbon Black? (or just something else)

My F10 is Azurite and I've got to be honest I have no idea when I see another on the road if it's carbon or azurite.

Associate
First time using snow foam yesterday (Auto Finesse Avalanche). Really impressed! I just washed it off after as I only wanted to get the main dirt off, I gave the car a proper clean the other day but with the weather as it is, it didn't stay clean for long. I was surprised how much it removed. Granted when the car dried there was still a general layer of lighter dirt, but the main stuff was removed.

2zoc135.jpg

Has anyone used Gyeon View yet? I was a bit underwhelmed with the Caramics glass kit, and the reviews and videos of View look amazing. And it looks pretty easy to apply.

I've got gyeon synchro on my m135i and gyeon view on the glass. both been on about 12 months now and working great still :)

Soldato
Made a short video of my usual maintenance wash..

this on my s2000.

a few of my mates have asked me about it so I thought i'll record it.

someone might find it interesting...

Associate
Looking for some advice please guys for a few bits on my car, preferably stuff I can get from Halfords!

Firstly getting rid of all the black spots on the roof:

BjHmli7.jpg

Anything specific I can buy to get rid of the green tree/plant crap and also anything to refresh the rubber weather strips(?), if thats what they're called:

ZNH5VOF.jpg

Same thing with the rubber and plastic around the door handles, anything I can do to freshen them up and get them back to looking more like new?

4UeuINR.jpg

Cheers!

Associate
Just ordered the Q2 View kit, hopefully going to try it out Friday. Any tips for applying? I've read that the final Repel layer can be a bugger to buff off.

no it was straight forward to be fair. I did the polish bit and then just coat the screen until the bottle runs out and then buff off. just don't rush. It does say windscreen for the full bottle but I applied a coat to all the windows with the majority of the bottle being used on the screen.

Soldato
no it was straight forward to be fair. I did the polish bit and then just coat the screen until the bottle runs out and then buff off. just don't rush. It does say windscreen for the full bottle but I applied a coat to all the windows with the majority of the bottle being used on the screen.

Cheers! I think I read somewhere in Gyeon's literature a bottle should coat the windscreen and two side windows.

Soldato
Looking for some advice please guys for a few bits on my car, preferably stuff I can get from Halfords!

Firstly getting rid of all the black spots on the roof:

BjHmli7.jpg

Anything specific I can buy to get rid of the green tree/plant crap and also anything to refresh the rubber weather strips(?), if thats what they're called:

ZNH5VOF.jpg

Same thing with the rubber and plastic around the door handles, anything I can do to freshen them up and get them back to looking more like new?

4UeuINR.jpg

Cheers!
Personally think AF products are usually overpriced crap, but hey.

You'd be after a Tar remover for your roof, an APC and a brush for the other parts.

I like AutoSmart Tardis and G101. However, I'd recommend for ease, BiltHamber Korrosol and Surfex HD.

In comparison

Korrosol = £6.48 per 500ml
AF oblitarate = £8.95 per 500ml

I personally think that BH products are a lot more 'potent' ie you need less to get the same effect.

Soldato
Personally think AF products are usually overpriced crap, but hey.

You'd be after a Tar remover for your roof, an APC and a brush for the other parts.

I like AutoSmart Tardis and G101. However, I'd recommend for ease, BiltHamber Korrosol and Surfex HD.

In comparison

Korrosol = £6.48 per 500ml
AF oblitarate = £8.95 per 500ml

I personally think that BH products are a lot more 'potent' ie you need less to get the same effect.

Agreed on autofinesse overpriced and no better or even worse than cheaper stuff from less "scene" brands.

Soldato
Agreed on autofinesse overpriced and no better or even worse than cheaper stuff from less "scene" brands.
Yep, I'd rather buy direct from the guys who make the stuff, i.e the actual chemists.

Slightly bias, but I'd also recommend Dooka Bleed although he currently doesn't do a tar remover as he uses AutoSmart Tardis and I think it's hard to better such a product...

Which is essentially, a detailers product line, where he goes direct to the chemists and has products made (and no, not no white label product where every product is the same such as CarChems offering)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom