Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Ok good to know. One last thing, as it evaporates almost instantly, was it tricky to apply? Or rather, work out where you had already applied it?

It seems quite straight forward, but I'm adamant I want to get this one right! :)

Soldato
no it was straight forward to be fair. I did the polish bit and then just coat the screen until the bottle runs out and then buff off.
the whole bottle ? kit seems to be about £18, and very similar to repel I am using.
https://www.autobritedirect.co.uk/products/repel--advanced-glass-sealant-and-rain-repellent/ad-repel
they had had a deal in their forums .. also has to be buffed out, but you only use a little

a few of my mates have asked me about it so I thought i'll record it.
mundane question ... where did you get your large buckets from ? for moving warm water out of the house always after something robust.

Handheld steam cleaner - really intrigued to see what this may do for a deep leather clean
has anyone got further recommendations than @£30
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Comforday-Multi-Purpose-Handheld-Pressurized-Accessories/dp/B01FUYZKVO

Soldato
Soldato
Buckets are buckets, they all do the same thing. Just buy the first one you see

not sure if I agree.. cheaper ones with round bottom wont hold the grit guard properly, also they flex when full of water.. crack etc.

the £6-8 pound range ones 30ltr ones are sturdy and are perfect for the job.

anything over that is silly.

Man of Honour
not sure if I agree.. cheaper ones with round bottom wont hold the grit guard properly, also they flex when full of water.. crack etc.

the £6-8 pound range ones 30ltr ones are sturdy and are perfect for the job.

anything over that is silly.

I’ve had various £1 buckets from the pound shop, £5 ones from Halfords and £10 buckets that I ordered when doing a big order from cleanyourcar. They’ve all fitted grit guards, yeah the cheaper ones might crack after a while if you throw them about but they’re £1 :p

Nem

Nem

Associate
Right thanks. Did a full actual clay bar on the car end of last year and it's covered again now. Does look more like hundreds of tiny rust spots so I'm thinking a ironx type product might be better first?

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Right thanks. Did a full actual clay bar on the car end of last year and it's covered again now. Does look more like hundreds of tiny rust spots so I'm thinking a ironx type product might be better first?

I would do clay after doing a tar and iron removal stage.

Soldato
Looking forward to trying these out at the weekend. I was a little disappointed with AF Satin tyre dressing, and the Gyeon one gets lots of good reviews (so does Satin to be fair!).

img_0966.jpg

nI4155j.jpg

I faffed about with a Gtechniq windscreen coating years ago, I'm hoping the Gyeon is easier to apply (and lasts ages!)
Prep is to make sure there's nothing on there to start with.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom