Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Do you use it on bare paint or can you use it on top of hard wax?

I tried it for the first time week before last and just sprayed it on to more or less bare paint after the decon of winter, didn't last long in the sense that the car is dirty again but water still seems to be beading okay a week and a bit later. Unsure if i really used enough though.

Apparently using it on top of wax is also fine, so might do collinite and wet coat next time, or just another wet coat!

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Just tried out the Gyeon leather cleaner on my drivers seat, very easy to use and evaporates to leave a nice clean surface. Just used a MF cloth. I then applied a coat of Gyeon Leathercoat, which again was easy to apply. It needs 2 hours minimum to cure, it'll have 2.5hrs before the car is used. When I left it, there was some streaking on the leather and I could see the product a little, but lets see what it looks like in a few hours. I did run a clean MF cloth over leathercoat to see if that affected the streaks, but I guess it has started to cure already because it didn't make any difference.

I'm pretty confident the streaks won't go, so I either used too much or the MF applicator had some residual product on it. I'll give it another ago during the week.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I tried it for the first time week before last and just sprayed it on to more or less bare paint after the decon of winter, didn't last long in the sense that the car is dirty again but water still seems to be beading okay a week and a bit later. Unsure if i really used enough though.

Apparently using it on top of wax is also fine, so might do collinite and wet coat next time, or just another wet coat!

I’m thinking the other way, because if you look at their other silicon products like the MOHS, it comes with it another layer which you apply on top of the so2. So I’m thinking Wetcoat and then some form of spray wax or like Sonax BSD for a quick detail.

Associate
Thanks for the input btw. The reason I said Halfords is because I had vouchers I needed to get rid of. I sorted the black spots on the roof and the tree crap on the weather strips with an APC and a brush, but i need to sort the exhausts. It's duel exhausts and they're completely black with what I assume is carbon(iinside and out), am I okay using a metal brush without ruining the exhausts, but what's best to break it down?

Associate
Thanks for the input btw. The reason I said Halfords is because I had vouchers I needed to get rid of. I sorted the black spots on the roof and the tree crap on the weather strips with an APC and a brush, but i need to sort the exhausts. It's duel exhausts and they're completely black with what I assume is carbon(iinside and out), am I okay using a metal brush without ruining the exhausts, but what's best to break it down?

Some form of metal polish such as autosol, a cloth, and a good amount of elbow grease is probably the better approach!

Associate
I’m thinking the other way, because if you look at their other silicon products like the MOHS, it comes with it another layer which you apply on top of the so2. So I’m thinking Wetcoat and then some form of spray wax or like Sonax BSD for a quick detail.

If it's listed as okay then i can't see reason not to. I would have thought some of the gloss properties of wax may be inhibited by a layer of wetcoat underneath, which may not if the wax went on first but this is just conjecture so could be wrong.

Soldato

I would treat it as sealant to be honest, just one that doesn't have 6m+ life time on the paintwork.

I use sonax BSD to get rid of any imperfections, water spots etc after washing and drying.. it feels like using bsd on top of wetcoat would kill any point of having wetcoat in the first place.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Just tried out the Gyeon leather cleaner on my drivers seat, very easy to use and evaporates to leave a nice clean surface. Just used a MF cloth. I then applied a coat of Gyeon Leathercoat, which again was easy to apply. It needs 2 hours minimum to cure, it'll have 2.5hrs before the car is used. When I left it, there was some streaking on the leather and I could see the product a little, but lets see what it looks like in a few hours. I did run a clean MF cloth over leathercoat to see if that affected the streaks, but I guess it has started to cure already because it didn't make any difference.

I'm pretty confident the streaks won't go, so I either used too much or the MF applicator had some residual product on it. I'll give it another ago during the week.

So after the curing it still had a streaky finish, but after using the car a few times that has gone (rubbed off I imagine). The leather feels very nice now, very smooth and soft. Next time I'm going to try and apply a little more carefully and ensure there isn't anything on the MF applicator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom