Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
I wanted buckets (standard and superb) a cage and the harnesses (track pack) and the extinguisher was a ‘bonus’.

The original options were ticked by the first owner, I saved £62,000 on the buy price by letting him and the second owner do 3800 road only miles in it to run it in a over the first 3 years. I then added 10,000 miles over the next 8 months. :)

Man of Honour
All good baby
No it doesn’t work that way

We need to get into a debate that lasts 40 pages and ends up talking about flat earth and trump. We create division and anger, left and right and blame social media and lose total site of this thread being about polish!!!

:cry:

Also we must use sheeple and ‘your mum’ too

Soldato
No it doesn’t work that way

We need to get into a debate that lasts 40 pages and ends up talking about flat earth and trump. We create division and anger, left and right and blame social media and lose total site of this thread being about polish!!!

:cry:

Also we must use sheeple and ‘your mum’ too

Ah yes! How silly of me to admit I over-reacted, not the OCUK way. With that in mind, I can tell you I have adopted a boxing stance and I would strongly advise you to check your letterbox!

Soldato
Well, after 2 1/2 years of carefully washing, polishing and waxing by hand I've admitted defeat on the company car and it has gone through the swirl-o-matic at Sainsburys for the first time.

Having a three month old seems to have reduced my free time to about thirty minutes... a week... in chunks of 5 minutes or less. So spending an hour at a time washing someone elses car which I primarily use for business miles had to give way.

To be fair it did a pretty good job on the bodywork. The wheels it may as well not have bothered with but I wasn't able to select the "premium" with it's "double wheel wash" due to a fault with the car wash so maybe that would have helped... probably not though.

I shall return in a couple of months with my "OMG MY PAINT IS RUINED, WHAT CAN I DO??!" post :p

Soldato
Whilst not a car I just want to show the finished results from using Magifoam with a bit of citrus thrown in and finished with EZ Fusion.

Incredible products, and very impressed with Fusion...literally spray on wash off and then dry.

Sorry no before pics as I wasn't planning on taking any photos but it's been sat for a few weeks with the current weather.

MMxePQQ.jpeg
1w06A42.jpeg
rmNup5s.jpeg

Associate
Anyone have a link to a decent set of small hoses/attachments for a dyson that they have used successfully? Just need some smaller hoses/nozzles to get in those harder to access areas. The ones I've seen on amazon don't seem to get good reviews.

Underboss
Associate
Underboss
Man of Honour
Well having fallen out of love with my car recently I haven’t put much effort into cleaning it. Now that the TTRS has arrived I’m ready to start again. Seeing as they were going to ‘GardX’ it for £500, I think I can do a better job at a fraction of the price. I only have a few hours tomorrow before taking it out on Sunday, so the plan of attack is:

Clean soft top and seal using autoglym’s kit
Clean wheels using bilberry (I’ve got some demon cleaner coming to replace this as it runs out soon) and seal using AG wheel sealer (gives a crazy shine).

Then hopefully I have time to polish the bodywork with AG super resin polish (there are a few minor swirls that this should sort). I don’t think it’ll need paint prep, it looks like it’s been done. Then either AG ‘ceramic coat’ or HD wax. I’ll probably go for ceramic for now.

It’ll take me as long to find everything as it will to apply these to the car.

Soldato
Well having fallen out of love with my car recently I haven’t put much effort into cleaning it. Now that the TTRS has arrived I’m ready to start again. Seeing as they were going to ‘GardX’ it for £500, I think I can do a better job at a fraction of the price. I only have a few hours tomorrow before taking it out on Sunday, so the plan of attack is:

Clean soft top and seal using autoglym’s kit
Clean wheels using bilberry (I’ve got some demon cleaner coming to replace this as it runs out soon) and seal using AG wheel sealer (gives a crazy shine).

Then hopefully I have time to polish the bodywork with AG super resin polish (there are a few minor swirls that this should sort). I don’t think it’ll need paint prep, it looks like it’s been done. Then either AG ‘ceramic coat’ or HD wax. I’ll probably go for ceramic for now.

It’ll take me as long to find everything as it will to apply these to the car.
I find a very quick clay is well worth it before potentially rubbing contaminants into the paint via SRP. Best of luck. I always set my ambitions too high and get tired half way through :cry:

Man of Honour
Any reason why you use AG rapid ceramic spray rather than Polar seal?

I figured someone would ask that :p

Wanted to polish the car before sealing the paint. Also so I could control it’s application a little more, especially having not used the spray gun for a little while and being nervous around the soft top.

Next week I’ll look at cleaning around the engine bay. It’s not terrible by any means, but it can always be better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom