Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
They have damaged the paint surface.
They need to rectify it.
£80 2 or 3 stage machine polish will sort it.

It honestly isn't worth the effort, they'll just claim it wasn't them. As I said, the paint work wasn't great anyway and I have a DA polisher and pads myself so I'll two stage her car later this year.

Permabanned
PSA, HydrO2 Lite is the stuff of an magics.

HydrO2_Lite_pt1.gif
HydrO2_Lite_pt2.gif

Tried this yesterday, seemed to work much better than the gyeon wet coat I tried before.:)

Soldato
8 hours cleaning the car today, not done a clean like that for many years.
Foam, clean wheels, wash, decontamination, clay, polish paintwork and glass, and finally Fusso F7, which was a challenge as the sun came out, literally ready to buff off the second it went on.
Looks loads better but so many imperfections, from it's use as a daily commuter for 5 years.
I'll use a ceramic wash now and try to keep on top of it.

Associate
Spent a good couple of hours cleaning both of our cars, after the Sahara dust from the other week and that the birds decided to use my car for target practice. That dust was a big pain, snow foamed each car twice before before a contact wash. I am a little annoyed at myself as the bird sh@t has etched the paint work. My fault for not cleaning it sooner. Will have to get my DA polisher out later in the year and spend a good day doing a full detail.

Last edited:
Soldato
Not sure but have ordered 3..

Never had issues with any products from AF that I have used and happy to try something new, will check some reviews out on my lunch.

Ty for heads up.

Finally tried the auto finesse tyre cream and its pretty good. A nice satin finish rather that the gawdy shiny stuff. Works well on exterior trims too!

Soldato
Finally tried the auto finesse tyre cream and its pretty good. A nice satin finish rather that the gawdy shiny stuff. Works well on exterior trims too!

Im not so patient and gave it a go the same week!

I have to agree the finish is really nice compared to other tyre dressings, I think it’s one for the warmer and much drier months though as a little rain and the finish deteriorated quickly.

But certainly going to be my go to with a clear weather forecast this upcoming summer. Bargain!

Soldato
Second time I've gone OTT with aqua wax and had to buff it off with a wet towel, totally negates to convenience of spray and rinse! Left it too long I think aiming to rinse all the panels together instead of working round the car systematically.

Yes, new L/R lip deflectors on the way :o

tmHWyzx.jpg

Soldato
Hi all can I please get some feedback on the list below to give my Silver Clio RS a freshen up and try and get some deep gloss into the paint before protecting it?

I already have:
  • 2 Buckets with grit guards.
  • Lambskin Wool mitt.
  • Pressure washer with Snow Foam (Autoglym Polar Blast).
  • Shampoo (Megs Gold Class).
  • Plastic restorer (Gtechniq - C4).
  • DAS-6 Pro DA Machine (5" and 3" backing plates).
  • Detailing brushes and wheel brush.
  • Microfibre clothes and drying towels.

2kKe1pZ.png

On top of the above I need advice on pads and compound please. I imagine it needs a cut and then a polish so 2 stage?

I know its a bit vague but ive never had great results polishing and want to get my head around it so any help would be amazing.

Soldato
Wife asked me what a grit guard is for yesterday and with the answer asked why flocculants aren't in the shampoo or in the rinse bucket.
Look it up and it makes a lot of sense anyone know why they aren't used?

Soldato
Hi all can I please get some feedback on the list below to give my Silver Clio RS a freshen up and try and get some deep gloss into the paint before protecting it?

Could sub the C5 for Gyeon Q2 rim? Around £10 cheaper. I've used both and there's not much between them.

I'm not particularly seasoned when it comes to pads and compounds as a relative novice in this area but depending on how much of a correction is needed you might be satisfied with an all-in-one like P1, Megs Ultimate or AF One Step.

Associate
Wife asked me what a grit guard is for yesterday and with the answer asked why flocculants aren't in the shampoo or in the rinse bucket.
Look it up and it makes a lot of sense anyone know why they aren't used?

Waste water from car washes can be and is treated with flocculants. I imagine it isn't used for the actual car cleaning process itself as you don't want things clumping on your car and getting into harder to reach places. You want to rinse things out of your wash mitt as well, not have them clump up in it (not stick to it but who knows how things may get stuck together) and get stuck there when you go back to wipe the car again. Last thing I can think of is some particles will be less inclined to clump, too big, wrong sort of material etc etc. So you'd still want a grit guard to get them off your wash mitt!

Last edited:
Soldato
Got bored of fishing around in buckets for my brushes, so I had a holder 3D printed up. I have reached peak sadness. This is the ST version so it gets 50 extra BHP.
web safe fonts

Where did you get this? Asking for a friend... :p

Had been eyeing up the AF bucket buddy but £15 for what is essentially an A5 piece of Tupperware is a bit silly.

Soldato
Yeah those bucket things are ridiculously overpriced for what they are!

I've recently moved all my wash mitts over to microfiber based ones because they're easier to chuck in the washing machine (with detergent that's free of things that'll clog MF) vs say a real lamb's wool mitts I had.

Really loving the CarPro dabdab, and recently ordered one of these for wheels (replacing a merino wool finger mitt).

Once my current wheel cleaning chemicals are used up, I'm going to give the Carscope wheel products a try - both rotor and siege.

Caporegime
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom