Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Just got done upgrading the RO system for car washing.

Our water is very hard at around 400-500 TDS which means very tough to remove water spots if you don't dry your car properly and not very good foam from snow foam (and just little to no lather from any soap).

So this is what I have done.

Osmotics Ultra-Pure 4 Stage 150 Gallon Per Day RO System
ply4.jpg

Output of 2 TDS with no DI stage.
pb84.jpg

1000L IBC container round the back in the bike shed, stood on some concrete blocks and a pallet to raise it up for a bit of extra pressure. It has been filling for a few days while I got the correct plumbing bits sorted.
uylb.jpg

Nice convenient connector for the pressure washer.
qnwz.jpg

Just need the sun to come back out again and I will try and take some water spot free pictures.

Fantastic setup ^JP^, looking at doing exactly the same.

Have you considered washing your own windows with this?
You can get a fully kit of pole and backpack etc for £200.

Soldato
Fantastic setup ^JP^, looking at doing exactly the same.

Have you considered washing your own windows with this?
You can get a fully kit of pole and backpack etc for £200.

Thanks, if you have any questions about it let me know.

Not really looked into window cleaning since we have good guys already who have all the expensive gear and don't cost that much.

Associate
Anyone up for some advice on products?

17 year old car, haven't give it a good proper clean in about 2 years (for shame)

Whole car has tiny scratch marks, not enough to catch your nail though. Paint hasn't really faded at all.

What can I use to liven it up a little?

Associate
So my white car now has what can only be described as white tar splatter in many places all over it - as I don't have any real cleaning equipment is there a suggestion / link to products I could get as a stop gap to wash this down or do I suck it up and head into a hand car wash just to get this off my paint work? :o

Soldato
Guys, what is the best way to get sponge polishing heads cleaned of product after use?. Just run them under warm water and keep squeezing until they look clean or soak them in something for a bit then rinse?.

Soldato
Guys, what is the best way to get sponge polishing heads cleaned of product after use?. Just run them under warm water and keep squeezing until they look clean or soak them in something for a bit then rinse?.

There's some fancy stuff that Polished Bliss sells.

It certainly works but there are probably cheaper alternatives that work just as well…

Soldato
I have the same issue. Washed it at the weekend and still have some tar spots.

Was considering some Iron-X can anyone recommend this or any alternatives?

Thanks

Iron x is for iron fall out it wont remove tar. Tardis is the best tar remover IMO but if you dont want/need that amount I have heard good things out obliTARate.

Best way I have found is as soon a you have finished with a pad put it into a bowel with a strong fairy mix (I use about twice as much fairy as normal washing up) give it a few squeezes to get water through the sponge and leave it floating velcro side up for a few hours. By this point usually most of the polish is out of the pad but squeeze/knead it until clear of all polish, rinse with clean water and then just leave to dry.

smr

smr

Soldato
My front seats are really dirty and stained, the rear is fine, what's the best product to buy to really get them looking nice and fresh again?

Seat material is just normal fabric Mondeo mk3.

Caporegime
My front seats are really dirty and stained, the rear is fine, what's the best product to buy to really get them looking nice and fresh again?

Seat material is just normal fabric Mondeo mk3.

Rent a rug doctor and do the entire interior. While your at it do all the other cars too. Then give it to the missus to do the house ;). You can rent them from most supermarkets/DIY shops.

Soldato
What wax would people recommend folks, nothing too expensive or fancy, preferably something I can nip out and purchase from say Halfrauds rather than mail order it?. I've machine polished using a DA with 3M Finesse-it and the paint on the car has came up a treat, few scratches I had on the passenger door and rear offside quarter panel have gone completely. I now want to give it a good wax to seal all my good work back in, is the general thinking on applying wax to do it by hand or could I use the DA again, would I see any benefit from doing that?. Also, should I clay the paint first after using the Finesse-it, prior to waxing?.

Ta. :)

Soldato
Rent a rug doctor and do the entire interior. While your at it do all the other cars too. Then give it to the missus to do the house ;). You can rent them from most supermarkets/DIY shops.

I ended up buying a VAX but this is definitely the answer.

What wax would people recommend folks, nothing too expensive or fancy, preferably something I can nip out and purchase from say Halfrauds rather than mail order it?. I've machine polished using a DA with 3M Finesse-it and the paint on the car has came up a treat, few scratches I had on the passenger door and rear offside quarter panel have gone completely. I now want to give it a good wax to seal all my good work back in, is the general thinking on applying wax to do it by hand or could I use the DA again, would I see any benefit from doing that?. Also, should I clay the paint first after using the Finesse-it, prior to waxing?.

Ta. :)

I've found Collinite 746 to be excellent. I'm not sure if Halfords sell it but it should be easy enough to find.

Other waxes give a better finish but tend not to last as long so 746 is a happy compromise between durability and shine.

Definitely apply by hand (not with a DA), apply two or three layers and don't leave it too long or it's a bugger to get off.

If you've already polished the paint it's a bit late for the clay!

smr

smr

Soldato
So renting a Rug Doctor comes with all the bits as standard that I need for cleaning my fabric car seats and upholstery etc.? They don't make this very clear on the website - do I have to buy bottles additionally on top of renting the machine?

Soldato
I've found Collinite 746 to be excellent. I'm not sure if Halfords sell it but it should be easy enough to find.

Other waxes give a better finish but tend not to last as long so 746 is a happy compromise between durability and shine.

Definitely apply by hand (not with a DA), apply two or three layers and don't leave it too long or it's a bugger to get off.

Cheers, I've also heard good things about Collinite mentioned by a few guys at work. So don't bother with using the DA?. Okeydoke.

If you've already polished the paint it's a bit late for the clay!

Ahh.......you can see I'm rather new to all this - It's only in the last year or so I've started using the two bucket method for washing!!. :)

**EDIT** Is it 476 or 746?. I can't seem to find any mention of Collinite 746 online anywhere but there's plenty of 476?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom