The Chosen One - ASUS PG32UCDM - worlds first 4k 240hz QD-OLED

Perfect for me is the 48 OLED but at a 38 widescreen resolution which is what I use atm. Its heavenly
Those are far too big IMO, but it depends what you're doing. about 3ft or so distance i find is fine for 27", any bigger and you'd be moving your head around if playing certain games, no good for shooters etc.. at that size probably have to be pushed back right to the back of the desk if it's wide enough or have it on a wall, otherwise it's far too close.

chosen-one.jpg

yea, £1500+ id expect at least until the LG 32" pannel comes out and is compatative. probably ~3 months after this one acording to tft central, but timing is a bit in the air till we get closer to the time.
if ASUS get the wide screen OLED out earlier /before xmas that may add some reasurance that they are genuine about an early 24' launch for this one.

yea, £1500+ id expect at least until the LG 32" pannel comes out and is compatative. probably ~3 months after this one acording to tft central, but timing is a bit in the air till we get closer to the time.
if ASUS get the wide screen OLED out earlier /before xmas that may add some reasurance that they are genuine about an early 24' launch for this one.
just to clarify, so far there are only two manufacturers who have announced a 32" OLED 4K 240Hz monitor, Asus and Dough. Asus were suggesting an "early Q1" availability at the Gamescom event, although it seems to have been toned down a bit to a more general "Q1" in their press material. My forecast, based on the expected panel production schedules of the Samsung QD-OLED panel Asus are using, would be towards the end of Q2. I'm hoping we will be pleasantly surprised and it will be earlier in Q1 as they are suggesting, but i think Q2 is more realistic tbh.

LG Electronics don't yet have any 32" sized OLED monitors announced yet, and if they do produce one then I'd fully expect them to use an LG.Display WOLED panel instead of the Samsung QD-OLED panel Asus have decided to use. The panel production timeline for that is a little behind Samsung's panel at the moment, with monitor availability (if anyone announces one to use this panel) probably around mid Q3 2024. But so far no one has announced a screen using this WOLED panel. It remains to be decided i believe which panel Dough will adopt for their model.

I'm keeping an eye out for this one. Maybe Samsung will release their own cheaper version of this, that would probably be the one to buy.

I'd expect Samsung Electronics to announce a screen of their own using the Samsung Display QD-OLED panel at some point for sure

I'm interested in these so sure but pretty expensive combo moving to this for 4K from 1440p, plus a possible 4080 upgrade would put in around £3000 hmm :)

But OLED is awesome, I love my LG OLED. IPS has the glow issue and still isn't great with pixel response, I can see this when slowly moving around a fence/grating in games that are already running a bit on the slow side (60 fps).

The subpixel issue would need to be better, which will be partly due to higher pixel density and (apparently) better subpixel layout.

Also has a 1080p/480Hz mode iirc, which would be an option for more demanding games on a lesser gfx card.
not on the Samsung QD-OLED panel as used in the Asus ROG Swift PG32UCDM I'm afraid. That (DFC) is a feature that is expected with LG's equvialent WOLED 32" panel which is coming a little later than Samsung's panel. It hasn't been adopted in any monitors yet, and the final specs and features have not been determined

Back
Top Bottom