The Day Before (MMO/Zombie survival)

Man of Honour
It's the most wishlisted game on Steam or something right now. That would mean it being a fake would be hilarious! :D

I've certainly not seen anything yet of the game which indicates to me that its real. Seen some videos, ALL of which look like pre-rendered footage rather than ingame footage and then 1 month before they are due to release (having had no alpha, no beta, no footage of people playing etc) they delay it by a year? Bit convenient. All smacks of a scam to me.

Man of Honour
I still believe its a scam title...its supposed to be released in 6 weeks time yet theres been no actual gameplay footage, no explanation of how the game works or even what sort of a game it is, no alpha, no beta, no streamers playing an early version...nothing.

Got scam written all over it imo and I will be amazed if it releases in 6 weeks time.

(Unless it turns out to be MUCH less than they've suggested it is)

Associate
I still believe its a scam title...its supposed to be released in 6 weeks time yet theres been no actual gameplay footage, no explanation of how the game works or even what sort of a game it is, no alpha, no beta, no streamers playing an early version...nothing.

Got scam written all over it imo and I will be amazed if it releases in 6 weeks time.

(Unless it turns out to be MUCH less than they've suggested it is)

I think it looks good ?

Man of Honour
I think it looks good ?
Except almost none of that is game footage, its prerendered and scripted. Where is the actual gameplay, being played by actual players.....6 weeks from release

Is the game open world or instanced (like Tarkov) , how does multiplayer work, is it peer to peer like State of Decay, does progress occur for all players or just the host, how many players is it simultaneously, can you loot killed enemy players, is it permadeath or do players simply respawn, are there NPC quest givers or missions, is the base building instanced or in the main game world, can you build a base anywhere you want or only in set locations, can other players destroy your base

And on...and on...and on.

6 weeks from release and none of this info is available?? Hell we know more about the game mechanics of Diablo 4 than this and Diablo 4 is 6 months away not 6 weeks.

Last edited:
Soldato
Forgive my ignorance, but what is the point of making a fake game - or it being a scam?

Where's the angle? Is it that the platforms won't check the veracity of the game and folk will buy it only to find it's not an actual game?

Man of Honour
Forgive my ignorance, but what is the point of making a fake game - or it being a scam?

Where's the angle? Is it that the platforms won't check the veracity of the game and folk will buy it only to find it's not an actual game?
I would assume investment, that people/companies will invest in the "project" , I mean just look at how much money was raised by other scam titles like the Chronicles of Elyria MMO, which raised almost £15m from public and private investment before revealing that they basically didnt have an actual game

I would love it to be real because I love The Division games and this looks very similar (some might say suspiciously so) but as much as I would like it to be real its just got too many red flags and thats why I think its either a fake game or its very much not what they are portraying it to be

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom