The Division 2 - March 2019

Associate
So much exploration in the map,i love it,gonna spend some time exploring map.Some said map is not bigger,just char runs slower,at least map is deffo not smaller but there is so much do,game feels "live" with all action all over map.
While i must admit i miss snow,i see myself growing in to the "summer" Division 2 quite easily.
Weapons seems now all viable,hopefully diversity will be in end game as well.
I got in Underground,and there seems another "map" there,and since map expansion confirmed,its gonna be game i see myself spending again few K hours in it.
Roll on 12th of March :D

P.S.still have few invites for Beta

Man of Honour
It feels...though it may be just a feeling rather than a fact, that there is a lot more ground clutter and environmental detail in this compared to div1. Has anyone found any clothing items or are there none in the beta?

Associate
Yeah have found some clothing items, couple of pairs of trousers and a polo shirt. No hats yet though. I think they were all in suitcases but not 100% sure. Most of the time the suitcases drop some sort of crafting item though

Soldato
So much exploration in the map,i love it,gonna spend some time exploring map.Some said map is not bigger,just char runs slower,at least map is deffo not smaller but there is so much do,game feels "live" with all action all over map.
While i must admit i miss snow,i see myself growing in to the "summer" Division 2 quite easily.
I got in Underground,and there seems another "map" there,and since map expansion confirmed,its gonna be game i see myself spending again few K hours in it.

Send me invite xxxx ;)

Associate
Has anyone found any clothing items or are there none in the beta?

found a few tops, some trousers and a neck bandana thing.. nothing special

just found them while randomly searching stuff in the street so cant remember which containers dropped them

Man of Honour
One thing I'm not liking much so far - it seems far more straight forward gunplay combat with a few additional tools to give flavour - I quite liked in TD1 the mixture of weapons and "spells" ability wise that allowed for varied approaches and hybrid setups, etc. and a bit more of an RPG feel. TD2 so far feels a lot closer to restricted classes with a bit of an illusion of variation.

Associate

Hi

Any beta codes left please?

Associate
no, no need to make any changes to your character. When you complete the last main mission available, you get a message saying an invasion mission/end game teaser content is available. Log out & you'll find 3 additional pre-prepared 'end game' characters for you to try in that end game mission (scroll through them, like with additional characters in division 1). Each character has a different special weapon/weapon skill. Select one of those characters and the mission starts.

Right, thanks for that. Seems ammo is restocked automatically going back into the White House but not sure of armour plates?

Cheers

Associate
I cranked the settings up as far as they would go (@1080p) and to me the game feels much more immersive. The smoke and fog effects as well as the light do make seeing enemies much harder, but outside of PVP that's a trade off I'm willing to make for the eye candy. It isn't the best looking game I've seen, but I much prefer the way it looks now. I'm not entirely sure what the settings were on before since I didn't check.

Soldato
Been playing this my feedback is mixed, I will copy and paste what I tried to put on ubisoft's broken forum but failed as it wont let me post.

I dont play many FPS games, but I decided to volunteer for this beta as I like the RPG elements and 3rd person view point,
In terms of bugs so far I have only found what might be considered minor cosmetic issues, nothing serious so my feedback is based on game balance.
As a new player to the series, I thought the game was reasonably balanced and very enjoyable for the first 4 levels of my character. Then when I hit level 5 suddenly things changed.
So the enemies level up with the player, this isnt something I am usually a fan of in games, as it stops you getting more powerful vs the enemies. However what seems t be happening in this game is the enemies actually get more powerful than you as you level up. At level 5 in particular the game balanced changed dramatically.
At first I was curious why so many players were calling for backup, during my first 4 levels, but when I hit level 5, I now know why.
The issues I feel are a combination of the following.
1 - The AI is too clever and at times plays like a human, doing things like sneaking up behind you, or them attacking from both sides at once, that sort of thing.
2 - Suicidal tendencies, quite often they just run to you suicidal in melee range, I lost enjoyment when this started been abused by the AI.
3 - Grenades, these are way overpowered. level 5 equipment, and one grenade can completely wreck my armour, this is a problem when these 3+ enemies at once throwing grenades at you, and of course if you move out of the blast radius you then out of cover and the 5+ enemies covering them shoot you down.
4 - Enemies spawning in unrealistic places, I attack a control point and stay near the border, then suddenly I have enemies behind as well as in front of me as if they spawned outside then moved in.
5 - Certain actions are very slow, using armour packs, very slow, reloading slow. Throwing things slow.
6 - You have limited grenades and ammo the enemy has unlimited.
7 - Crafting seems pointless, the mod's all have a force nerf alongside a buff? No thanks I will do without them. Custom equipment, no brand bonus, no thanks.
I suppose the first question is the game designed to be played in groups in terms of balance? If yes then it may explain what I am seeing, but if not I feel for new players those who are not high level experienced players its too hard, bear in mind this is level 5 out of 30 in the first zone in the game.
When I called for backup, the players helping me often kept dieing also, even when two of us, it was a fight to get out of the area.
Now there may be better choice of weapons to be had over what I equipped, I could maybe use my skills better, react better etc. But there is no doubt there was a sudden large difficulty jump and given this is supposed to be the early part of the game I feel the difficulty ramps up too fast.
If this is designed for multiplayer groups, is there room to weaken things for solo players?

Also on my 1080ti in its vddc 0.925v mode (most conservative) at 1440p on high settings it averages around 70% utilisation. Very smooth steady 60fps.

Also for people on here, I was not given a beta code by someone, I just volunteered on uplay and ubisoft picked me, I guess I got lucky in that respect if others are relying on code invites.

Back
Top Bottom