The Division 2 - March 2019

Soldato
Just got this and am doing the first few missions :)

At what point is it worth going onto the discord? Presumably I need to get my character levelled up in solo before I bother coming online?

Soldato
Just got this and am doing the first few missions :)

At what point is it worth going onto the discord? Presumably I need to get my character levelled up in solo before I bother coming online?

Just jump on anyway, people are talking about builds and stuff, general chat about the game etc

Discord aint just about voice groups, a lot is text chat, just chatting with people who play the game. And this discord is multi game, tech help. general chat **** talk etc lol

Soldato
Proper builds can allow for that - even solo. HoK perks, armor on kill perks in combination with a lot of weapon damage sources and berserker/strained talents blitzes content.

4 man scaling equates to around 4.75 people in a group and the health and armor goes up around three times the amount of solo at least.

2 man scaling is still the most balanced in the game when levelling

yeah but as has been said before its not amount of hp,armour that equates difficulty but number of enemies vs player.

One superboss against one player is easy, hes a tank and takes more hits but easy to deal with.

So e.g. 5 mobs is harder to deal with than 1 boss.

I have a question tho. I seen in a video someone at level 1 have 191k armour, including 1900 on their holster, and they had 700 skill points as a bonus on one piece of equipment. I have noticed my higher level equipment is no better than lower level equipment except on guns, so e.g. my lvl 3 holster gives more armour than my level 8 and things like skill points bonuses are getting no better either.

Interestingly every level up I get more HP but because the armour is getting no better the HP to armour ratio has changed drastically, at level 3 I had 3x armour as HP, now I have almost same HP as armour. I heard of gear points system, is it perhaps related to that?

Also I have had 2 LMG's drop out of 100s of guns I have picked up, still not found a 100 ammo LMG yet :( Is there a specific way to get LMG's? 90% of weapon drops seem shotguns or assault rifles.

Also I do want to join the clan for the vendor, but i havent unlocked the skill yet, dont know how everyone has done it so quick. If this clan fills up what do I do, is someone going to make a second clan?

Associate
Also I do want to join the clan for the vendor, but i havent unlocked the skill yet, dont know how everyone has done it so quick. If this clan fills up what do I do, is someone going to make a second clan?

https://gamerant.com/division-2-how-to-unlock-clan/

To unlock clans in The Division 2, players have to progress in the main story and complete the mission called ViewPoint Museum, where they recruit Grace Larson to their cause. This is the settlement mission for the Theater, and requires players to seize the ViewPoint Museum from the True Sons gang. Once this mission has been completed and Grace Larson has been successfully recruited, she will appear at the Theater. Players need to talk to Grace Larson again to unlock clans in The Division 2.

so should be pretty early on.

as for a second clan, i'm sure there will be one (probably more). I haven't joined a clan yet either.

Soldato
How is it possible to have 30 hours and be level 10? Just walking around looking at things and basically doing no missions/side missions etc or killing?

58 hours here, wt4 and max gearscore - I don't think I missed an awful lot tbh

I am not playing efficiently, basically doing the random spawning stuff whenever it appears, just wondering around, I am doing the opposite to rushing the game.
Also when doing missions I do it a lot slower than the guys rushing through them with groups. I also die sometimes as I a not a god at the game and playing solo. ;)

Last edited:
Associate
I've been playing slower than I usually would, hit level 12 last night - normally I'd be racing to the level cap. I've just been dawdling around looting backpacks, then I realise I've stumbled into the middle of a Control Point :rolleyes: and I need to shoot stuff.

A second clan sounds like a good idea, sent a request to join yesterday but I guess the original is full by now. Uplay/Discord: niroe

bJN

bJN

Soldato
Played Friday evening and most of yesterday with two mates, all sat at level 12. I'm usually the sort that would power level through - I won't say rush because you do still take everything in, you're just much more efficient and streamlined. Taking quite a while but it's because a couple of mates missed the start of Division 1 so never bothered "catching up"; so I'm letting one of them dictate what we do and follow their lead. Been very enjoyable so far and the increase in enemy numbers is a very welcome way of increasing difficulty. Downside to this is by level 7 or so we've outlevelled the content we're in, so a few prompts to move forward and we're rolling through the right areas again.

A few comments that they've gone overboard on loot / lootable items, but for a lootwhore like me it's great :D

Soldato
I put a request in for the clan.
I didn't bother looting in td1, but now i have a reason I'm looting everything. Also looting through walls, must be the oldest bug in the history of gaming :)

Anyone bothering to mod weapons? Doesn't seem worth it at level 8.

Soldato
Loving this so far - although I am finding it annoying that holding "F" to open the loot is also actually looting so quickly that I can't see what ive got!

Not an issue early-doors but I can imagine later in the game this will become frustrating when you don't want to pick up every little piece of tat!

Commissario
Just jump on anyway, people are talking about builds and stuff, general chat about the game etc

Discord aint just about voice groups, a lot is text chat, just chatting with people who play the game. And this discord is multi game, tech help. general chat **** talk etc lol
I'm in the discord group chat just need to log in more often. :)

Associate
theres a side mission, department of justice.. that gives a blueprint for extended mag at the cost of 10% fire rate which i highly recommend

If you rise control points alert to 3,blueprints appear in drop pool,dont go higher than 3 tho,it becomes to hard,rushers all yellows with extra green health bar.
I got few blueprints this way

Back
Top Bottom