The Division. Are we interested?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Underboss
Associate
graphics are ok but i think for this type of game the thing they need to get right is a large amount of content.

its basically an mmo/rpg/shooter which turns out to be very interesting.

Had some fun on there today.

Soldato
Nice graphics and surprisingly smooth, running UW 1440p on a TX and getting 40-50 fps, that doesn't sound a lot and not playable in some games but it's silky smooth, how so? Love the gameplay as well but I have a few questions.

What are the little red boxes inside enemy bodies when shooting at them

How do I find loot in the dark zone

How and when does the chopper come to extract it (thought a flare had to be fired)

Will give it another couple of hours tomorrow don't want to play to much and ruin the story but so far it's a purchase for me.

Permabanned
how do you play on the same server when the ocuk squads are full?
Also does the map show their location and can you fast travel to them?
Does the dark zone / game kick you out if they are higher ranked?

thanks

Soldato
This game is an absolute memory hog. That or it has the biggest memory leak known to mankind.

Even on all low settings with zero effects, 0x AA etc the game instantly chews 3GB of VRAM then continually eats physical RAM until the invevitble happens and the game starts paging to/from disk. Even on SSD this turns the game into a stuttery, freeze for 1-20 seconds mess.

Soldato
The best time is when you are a group of ppl... Can really get things going. I "teamed up" with a couple of ppl (not on their official squad) to go rogue hunting :D

I do need to get myself a mic/headset... Anyone recommend any?

Soldato
This game is an absolute memory hog. That or it has the biggest memory leak known to mankind.

Even on all low settings with zero effects, 0x AA etc the game instantly chews 3GB of VRAM then continually eats physical RAM until the invevitble happens and the game starts paging to/from disk. Even on SSD this turns the game into a stuttery, freeze for 1-20 seconds mess.

Not for me it doesnt... Plays fine. GTX970/4GB and 16GB RAM

Soldato
Not for me it doesnt... Plays fine. GTX970/4GB and 16GB RAM

8GB Memory
780ti SLI (Does it in both single and multi GPU configs)
i7 4790k at 4.6Ghz

Wont stop eating memory...... :( As soon as I start the game up and join the world VRAM goes to 3GB within about 30 seconds, Physical RAM usage goes up and up until I run out (Around 4-5GB of usage) then OS starts paging.

Associate
Played DZ for about 45 minutes, only came across a couple of other players and just a few AI's, the area seemed pretty dead to me... It's lots of fun though.

Yup I'm having that issue too. I assumed the landmark areas are where the AI are but I spent the better part of an hour wandering from each of them and only encountered a few AI. I assume someone was ahead of my clearing the places out before me.

Got some blue gear so went to an extraction point. 10 seconds before the chopper arrives someone kills me from afar. As I was dead I could see him loot my gear then just walk over to the chopper and extract my stuff :( I did hunt him down and kill him later :D:p

See the underground station in the DZ, is there anything of use down there?

Soldato
Just spent 4 hours on it and I went in not expecting much at all but really enjoying it so far.

Had a bug at the start where I couldn't fire any weapon but a relog fixed that.

Runs smooth and had 0 issues with graphics as yet.

DZ is a complete cluster beep so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom