*** The Division Thread 2.0 ***

Soldato
Yup it will need the same atmosphere to the game as the first one did, although I would be surprised to see them doing a snow theme again, I imagine they will want to show something different. What would be really cool is a proper weather system that has all types of weather. Would love to see heavy rain, gale force winds + thunder and lightning done on the snow drop engine.

as epic as my modded GTA V ;)

Soldato
I've not played this since 1.6, had a few games over the weekend looking for classified gear (managed to get a few)..
So without six piece classified, what are the builds to go for in pvp/pve?

Associate
Try using the MDR with a x8 scope, I find it pretty good in that instance for certain runs. I was using it for the Lexington run as the other three people at the time were all showstopping so it became crowded in doorways etc. You can sit back but at a fairly close distance with the MDR and pop heads when scoped in. I'm going to try it out a bit in the Underground as well. I don't feel safe using it for PvP though.

Soldato
I've not played this since 1.6, had a few games over the weekend looking for classified gear (managed to get a few)..
So without six piece classified, what are the builds to go for in pvp/pve?

If you can get the exotic backpack called Ninjabike you can do some cool PVE builds as it acts like a wildcard giving 1 extra piece of a gearset up to 6 piece bonuses.

3 striker, 1 Nomad, 1 Tacticians and Vigarous chest/refreshed mask is pretty good. Get the striker 4 piece bonus, HoK from Nomad and skill haste from tacticians. Then roll haste/HoK on gear and use purple DTE mods when they are for sale.

PVP - Highend with skulls gloves is still good, predators mark 4 piece or a Ninjabike build with banshee and PM to get some OOC damage buffs.

Man of Honour
Have to say I'm a bit underwhelmed by Striker 6p - I had completed it awhile back but deciding I wasn't going to use it deconstructed the backpack (as I pretty much exclusively use ninjabike) - as I got the extra piece again in this GE decided to give it a try - in many ways it performs pretty similar to my hybrid skill build with Caduceus except with 6K stamina the higher health makes it a touch more durable but the higher skill power is generally more useful - trading some of that for damage output makes it kill things a little quicker but the healing bonus doesn't really stand out from what I'm getting with the Caduceus talent when pumping 550-600K skill power. With the versatility of hitting soft cap skill power and the additional bonuses to team I think on balance I'd probably take the hybrid build.

Soldato
Have to say I'm a bit underwhelmed by Striker 6p - I had completed it awhile back but deciding I wasn't going to use it deconstructed the backpack (as I pretty much exclusively use ninjabike) - as I got the extra piece again in this GE decided to give it a try - in many ways it performs pretty similar to my hybrid skill build with Caduceus except with 6K stamina the higher health makes it a touch more durable but the higher skill power is generally more useful - trading some of that for damage output makes it kill things a little quicker but the healing bonus doesn't really stand out from what I'm getting with the Caduceus talent when pumping 550-600K skill power. With the versatility of hitting soft cap skill power and the additional bonuses to team I think on balance I'd probably take the hybrid build.

For the striker 6pc, the best way to build it is 6k stamina or 9k stamina - DTE mods, EAD/DTE rolled everywhere else with as much skill haste as possible - which would be holster/gloves/chest (not mods for PVE)

Then for PVP - same 6k or 9k, but with haste mods and haste rolls if you can hit headshots consistently. Or alternatively, haste rolls on gloves, chest and mods, with CHC rolled on holster, mask, gloves and some weapon mods.

For the rest of the stats, guess its up to you - more FA or more electronics - I run 5,6,4 normally but haste is still king overall for it. I think the main reason people run striker for PVP now is because the stacks are almost...too easy to get and to keep.

However I agree, the healing is only beneficial when at 100 stacks and dipping in and out of cover, but when combined with canned food - holy balls its crazy - to the point it can counter resistance contamination ticks.

Man of Honour
Yeah I tried both 6K and 9K stamina builds and high firearms variants using a variety of weapons including big al and hungry hog - this is only PVE context I don't bother with PVP in the game. Just a bit underwhelmed by it after my hybrid health stealing/high damage build albeit it doesn't have the downside of dragging a turret around to get the same kind of damage output.

Soldato
Yeah I tried both 6K and 9K stamina builds and high firearms variants using a variety of weapons including big al and hungry hog - this is only PVE context I don't bother with PVP in the game. Just a bit underwhelmed by it after my hybrid health stealing/high damage build albeit it doesn't have the downside of dragging a turret around to get the same kind of damage output.

what is this hybrid build?

If it wasn't for the easy 100% AWD via striker stacks being multiplicative and so easy to get - I would still be running my ninjabike build with striker/nomad/tac for solo play. Get commanding and determined and its basically 100% up time on sig skill and facetanking for hok.

6pc strikers in a group though is wasted, if anything, 5 piece + vig for the EAD buff from the 3pc and 5pc, and healing from a reclaimer in the team or something.

Man of Honour
what is this hybrid build?

1x Barrett's chest, 3x Tacticans, 1x Nomad, 1x Ninjabike, 4x turret damage performance mods, Turret and Recon Pulse, Caduceus with skill talents. With DTE and CHD focus.

Not saying it is a superior Striker and definitely needs a bit different approach but after using that I find Striker 6p quite underwhelming - especially if you can persuade 1-2 other people to use it to bump the vampire healing up. It also gets signature skill back v. quickly so as a group if a couple of people use it you can keep tac link running a good bit of the time.

Unless I'm running with a complimentary team setup though I tend to use a similar setup but with 2x Firecrest instead of the chest and one of the Tacticans as that gives better solo sustainability plus crowd control and shifts the balance of damage a bit more to the gun (Turret and support station) using LW M4, tactical ACR or Urban MDR. Specced for armour damage and DTE.

Associate
Using only 2 sets atm - full classy Pred for DPS and D3 for some solo Pier93 farming,missed this GE due to work,but nothing i cant get from P93 :D

Cant wait for D2 - hope it brings same feeling like 1st one,when you couldnt leave game and just thinking even on holidays how to improve your gear (i know Rad was dreaming about better gear on holls as well :D )

Associate
@Mario im super hyped for it!!

Used to rush home to jump on but don't play much anymore. Would be down for a few runs of survival/legendaries still though.

Im usually on evenings after work,depending when i return,so if ya fancy..on discord as well :)
Would be nice to get old bunch for Div 2
Yeah,no words how hyped i am,cant wait for E3

Man of Honour
Being able to play the incursions would be useful - the rest of the DLC isn't so essential though Underground isn't too bad though I actually preferred it before the recent changes to directives, etc. but most are the other way around on that.

EDIT: Actually I think you need Underground to unlock Dragon's Nest, etc. anyhow while I believe some of the Incursions come with the base game - I'm a little fuzzy on that.

On another note I swear this game likes to troll people - I've spent ages optimising some gloves as the only drop I had that suited the build I'm using were really poor - finally got them upto scratch and then got a "god roll" version of the gloves with the exact stats I was looking for :s

Last edited:
Man of Honour
However I agree, the healing is only beneficial when at 100 stacks and dipping in and out of cover, but when combined with canned food - holy balls its crazy - to the point it can counter resistance contamination ticks.

Found a setup with 6p Striker and The House and having Self-Preserved and Predatory which is pretty ridiculous - it can face tank most things as long as you are hitting things - needs a bit more finenessing though as at the moment magazine reloads get in the way of it being seamless.

Back
Top Bottom