*** The DIY Audio Thread ***

Associate
Are there any other places to get decent cases from for amps? Like some of the ones from modushop but just wondering if I have any choices...can't find any places on the net, just keep getting case's to carry guitar amps in.

Associate
Oh...I don't even need it to look good or anything, just any metal case that I could use to hold all the amp bits, can focus on making it look good once I have done the work and got the amp back for personal use.

Associate
Found this last night (at about 4am), was cheap enough for now and the right size.

Now just to buy the power connector, speaker terminals, phono terminals, pot, dial, power switch, spacers and cabling.

Anyone else bought stuff from ColdAmp?

Associate
Found this last night (at about 4am), was cheap enough for now and the right size.

Now just to buy the power connector, speaker terminals, phono terminals, pot, dial, power switch, spacers and cabling.

Anyone else bought stuff from ColdAmp?

If I am honest I bought most of that stuff above from the dreaded M. The speaker and phono terminals they sell are the same as in many of the audiophile online shops. If you are really going for top quality then don't go to M but it depends on your budget of course. I also bought my POT, rotary switch, and power connector/switch from there.

Associate
I've just been there and bought all of them as well, it was more that I just need semi-decent parts for now and cheaply and it saved on postage cost and time. Get my case tonight so can finally start building the amp...only get £50 from uni and it's cost £250 so far :(

Associate
There is no way that I am giving them £50 more...they havn't even given me £50 for it yet so I've paid the whole amount so far, can't wait to start building it this weekend once I have drilled the case.

Associate
just finished a soha2, comissioned by someone off these forums.

be sad to see this go, it sounds lovely.

HEre is a pic with its big brother, the bijou.

bijouandsoha2.jpg

Associate
chet - i just had an hours listen to the soha with some amperex 8416 valves..... amazing.

I really can't wait mate - you're teasing me! Just to update everyone else in the thread, I ordered the SOHA II and tried to build it... and lets say I made a bit of a hash of it! Adam was kind enough to help me out and I think he has done an amazing job! Cheers mate :cool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom