The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim announced

Caporegime
What is considered the 'main quest' I have so much going on in my quest list thing that i have lost track of what the game is actually about :p

Soldato
Is the first companion, Faendal, pretty useless later on? Reason I ask at level 25 he dies after the first few strikes in a fight. As a mule he's fine but not much else, are the others better/stronger?

Soldato
I'm still using Lydia. She gets knocked down sometimes, but she's never died yet. I'm at level 14 right now.

I just finished the whole Legion/Stormcloak war thing that was troubling everyone. Needless to say my side won. :rolleyes:

I'm starting to stray back towards the main story now, though I'm still branching off to do side quests as time permits.

Caporegime
i havent taken a companion anywhere to do anything yet apart from my horse (who i think might be dead as he doesnt show up when i fast travel anymore. I left him on a mountain somewhere last time i saw him)

Soldato
Lydia died on me earlier, after giving her some decent weapons :( im guessing she wont appear again.

Lydia is still with me but she does have a nasty cough! She took a couple of tumbles during the past dragon fight but she does just stand around a bit. She's been left behind the three gates at the moment but I suspect I'll meet her again later.

Andi.

Associate
Just a warning to everyone. I was storing all of my gear in my room at the mages college. I was keeping all of my valuable dragonscale armour in one of the barrels. It has been in there for a good ten hours or so of gameplay, but when I went to get it today it had gone, replaced by five cabbages! Luckily I reloaded an earlier gamesave and it was there again. Lost out on an hours play but got it back. I am now storing stuff only in the wardrobe and cupboard.

Soldato
Just a warning to everyone. I was storing all of my gear in my room at the mages college. I was keeping all of my valuable dragonscale armour in one of the barrels. It has been in there for a good ten hours or so of gameplay, but when I went to get it today it had gone, replaced by five cabbages! Luckily I reloaded an earlier gamesave and it was there again. Lost out on an hours play but got it back. I am now storing stuff only in the wardrobe and cupboard.

There's a chest upstairs, that should be secure or are all items open for theft. I thought stuff in your own house was safe even on the floor.

Andi.

Associate
Genan the bow is awesome when you have a decent sneak and bow dmg as you can sneak into a cave and 1 shot kill mobs, same as in oblivion, ofc the harder the mobs then the more shots but if ur sneak is good then you can get 5-6 shots off before they 'find' you as for arrows i havent ran short of any so far and that was using nearly 50 to kill a mammoth when i was a low lvl ( hid in a hut so they couldnt get me :D )

Sweet I will keep my character then. Lucky, as I spent ages getting the face right with a nice touch of war paint and scars. Now where can I find me one of those mammoths :p (After I killed my first deer of course!)

Also, just found out that wood elves supposed to be anti-vegetarian(\o/) and cannibalistic:)eek:) Guess I have to bin all that potato I collected during my short journey so far.

Thanks for the arrow mod I will definitely use it if I find the game is not too generous with them.

Btw, can you buy houses like in Oblivion?

Soldato
Can anyone tell me which are the main sort of quest and which aren't out of these, this is what I currently have at the moment, I'm level 12 Night Elf Mage:

The Break Of Dawn
Missing In Action
Animal Extermination
The Horn of Jurgen Windcaller
Under Saarthal
Shalidor's Insights

Thats the order they're in too, I hear a lot of you mention the main quest line but I really dont know which I should be doing out of those, to focus on?

EDIT: Would be good if someone made a mod to highlight the main quest lines in gold in your quest log.

Thanks in advance. :D

Soldato
Animal Extermination is definitely one of those infinite randomly generated quests. For the Companions I believe. Not sure about the rest haha, I'm bad at remembering quest names.

I believe Under Saatharl is a mage's guild quest.

Associate
Can anyone tell me which are the main sort of quest and which aren't out of these, this is what I currently have at the moment, I'm level 12 Night Elf Mage:

Thats the order they're in too, I hear a lot of you mention the main quest line but I really dont know which I should be doing out of those, to focus on?

EDIT: Would be good if someone made a mod to highlight the main quest lines in gold in your quest log.

Thanks in advance. :D

The Horn of Jurgen Windcaller is the next in your main quest line.

Soldato
Stupid question. But is there an effective way to make gold ? I always seem to only have around 1000 at any given point. I seem to be blowing loads on new spellbooks smithing materials :(
I swear I'm going to resort to stealing but I wanted to try avoid that ! :p

Soldato
The Horn of Jurgen Windcaller is the next in your main quest line.

Cheers.

Look here.

Warning, there be spoilers...

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Quests

Awesome, very handy, thanks.

How does anyone know what dps they're doing or what dps they're taking, have you installed a mod or do you know of a mod that tells you this information?

I remember when I used to play wow for 4 years, everyone used an addon called scrolling combat text, was awesome!

Also I'd like to know the range of some of my abilities also, take lightning bolt for example, it doesnt seem to go as far as ice spark or fireball (I might have worded the names slightly wrong but you know which I mean).

Caporegime
Stupid question. But is there an effective way to make gold ? I always seem to only have around 1000 at any given point. I seem to be blowing loads on new spellbooks smithing materials :(
I swear I'm going to resort to stealing but I wanted to try avoid that ! :p

Im hording gold. I have 23,000 at the mo :p. I should probably spend some on some stuff.

Back
Top Bottom