The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Remastered - MODS & TWEAKS

Ouch just tried the reshade mod and my frame rates tanked and my GPU temps shot up to 85C :o, never done that before... So I'm avoiding that one

Yeah i was losing a fair bit of fps with Reshade, didn't check my temps though.

Fixed it :)

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1089/?

+Reshade +Vanilla Lighting or True Storm Users (Install 2nd) +Quality Version (Good Image)

It seems as if the extra effects in the ultimate edition is not only clashing with the DOF ( blurred menus ) but the filters are causing havoc with the frame rates in the new Skyrim SE. Thankfully only 4FPS loss with the Quality Version and no over temp issues :cool:

It may also be recommended to adjust the SweetFX.CFG

////-------//
///**DPX**///
//-------////

#define RedC 0.42 //[0.20:0.60] //-

//>TECHNICOLOR 2 settings<\\

#define Technicolor2_Red_Strength 0.47 //[0.05:1.0] //-Color Strength of Red channel. Higher means darker and more intense colors.

Wow, the emphasis on modding here is borderline absurd! Has anyone thought about discussing the game's content? It seems most people spend their time tweaking the game instead of actually playing it! A sad state of affairs indeed.

For the record, I strictly play vanilla. My reasoning is that I don't relish the idea of playing Skyrim as envisioned by a collective of fans.

As Skyrim itself is years old, there isn't much worth in discussing the games content in this thread, better the original thread for that. However what these mods do is enhance the game beyond vanilla, while having the performance and memory improvements of Skyrim Special Edition. Which was severely lacking in the 32bit version of Skyrim.

PS there are mods here that are recommended even if you haven't installed Skyrim before, such as realistic NPC AI, realistic Animals and Predators, character texture overhauls. Combat changes not so much

nmaxc3.png

rXCjy70.jpg

9IhTW7m.jpg

ios3Wog.jpg

QUqsfaM.jpg

I'm getting triggered by these screenshots. People have lower model cards and are running the game at a higher resolution with higher FPS AND bloody graphic mods while I'm running vanilla SE graphics and tanking into the 40s in some places at 1080p!? :mad:

It's a bit of a beast my 980 GTX :p See those clocks :D

Btw, in what you said, something is wrong... Try deleting the ini files, repairing the files using Steam and then use my ini tweaks :p

Hmmm my CPU is an i7 running at 4.7 GHZ

Well I noticed a huge difference from a stock clocked I7 to my clocks now, true GPU plays a major part in this game, but so does the CPU, at least in my testing. Even more so in this Special Edition

Back
Top Bottom