The Emirates FA Cup 3rd Round ** Spoilers ** [4th - 8th January 2024]

Man of Honour
RADn6S2.png

Fixtures:

TV Coverage:

Caporegime
Very unlikely to happen, but Howe could be done for if he loses to Sunderland.

It's funny how their little old rivals are now arguably their biggest game of the season.

Don
Not really sure what to expect from us at the weekend. While you never want to lose, I do wonder whether Klopp will decide to rest a few players. We're pretty stretched at the back and in midfield right now and I can't imagine Klopp will want to go full strength on Sunday and again vs Fulham in the League Cup semi on the Wednesday. We might put mixed strength sides out in both but I wouldn't be shocked if we rested more at the weekend and go stronger vs Fulham. Although a lesser trophy, the League Cup represents a better chance of winning something and more importantly, with fewer games right now.

Soldato
id be quite happy for us to field a bunch of reserves, given where we are in the league and with injuries picking up we could do with going out of it.

Soldato
All the pessimism over Arsenal, we've been playing well and been a bit unlucky with not finishing our chances. We absolutely dominated Liverpool on their patch at the start of the game and could have been a couple up before poor defending from Zinchenko let them in and then the crowd woke up.

It will hopefully be a great game, lot's of attacking from both sides (which suits us)...3-2 to the Asrenal...go into the winter break on a high and come back with a couple new boys.

fez

fez

Caporegime
I don't know why people are shocked that its a red card. If that made proper contact with the player its a very very nasty tackle and they are punishing based on intent as well as outcome now. There is a certain wisdom do de-incentivising that sort of tackle because if he connects that could be a horrible injury. The fact he didn't was luck more than judgement I would say.

Soldato
I don't know why people are shocked that its a red card. If that made proper contact with the player its a very very nasty tackle and they are punishing based on intent as well as outcome now. There is a certain wisdom do de-incentivising that sort of tackle because if he connects that could be a horrible injury. The fact he didn't was luck more than judgement I would say.
His “intent” was to trap the ball, which he did.

Associate
It wasn't a bad challenge.

Back
Top Bottom