The Emirates FA Cup 3rd Round ** Spoilers ** [4th - 8th January 2024]

He has barely made a run to press. Nunez has had to drop back to even get the ball

Least I’ve seen Elliot move to press and go forward
Eh? Given that both times we've pressed Arsenal have pinged it in behind us and nearly scored, so perhaps we're deliberately not pressing too aggressively here.

If what you're looking for is brainless energy, we've already got Darwin. We don't need two of those.

Manic loves gakpo, cant take any criticism of the bloke.
Not really, I just think that he gets a huge amount of unfair criticism as people don't get what he offered. They're generally the same people who just rate players based on hype.

He was woeful a couple of weeks ago and rightly got hooked, but in general he offers far more control than most of our other forward players

Last edited:
Eh? Given that both times we've pressed Arsenal have pinged it in behind us and nearly scored, so perhaps we're deliberately not pressing too aggressively here.

If what you're looking for is brainless energy, we've already got Darwin. We don't need two of those.
No Elliot and MacAlister are pressing granted Eliott is doing it better

Gakpo is just shuffling his body. When Nunez put it into box he Gakpo should be running into the space and he wasnt

I agree he is out of position but he has done this when Klopp played him in the right position

I don’t like or even dislike Gakpo but he is a mixed bag for us so far imo

Not really, I just think that he gets a huge amount of unfair criticism as people don't get what he offered.
a handful of decent performances in the year he's been here, any criticism of him is perfectly justified. has he ever had a 8/9 out of 10 performance?

Last edited:
Arsenal having all the chances and playing with sharper build up play but still no goals, concerning considering how results have been turning out for us in the last few games.

Back
Top Bottom