The Emirates FA Cup Final Man City v Man Utd ** Spoilers ** [Saturday 25th May 2024 @ 3pm]

Soldato
Judging a manager and a team on cup performances is a mugs game, anything can happen (and usually does) in them. There's been zero progression in your league form, no stylistic change, most of the time you look utterly uncoached. Why do you think every single supporter of opposition teams would love it if you kept him for the last year of his contract?

How many managers have left Ajax and been successful elsewhere? 2 I think, LVG and Cruyff.
Exactly.

I don't know whether it's stupidity or rose glasses etc.

Bonkers!

Last edited:
Soldato
Im all ETH in. He has been with this squad for 2 years, 2 trophies. first year was a fairly good first season, went a bit pooey after Matinez got injured then it snowballed. this season was a very bad one. The rest is history. If he does go, a new manager comes in and has to get used to the players, the players will have to learn new coaching styles, tactics, new staff etc. It will be another 2 steps back. Whereas if ETH stays, he knows the players, the player know him. Those 4 youngsters are the backbone of this club with Bruno. Build it around them 5. Hell i am even impressed how Onana improved over the season after a crappy start (still a few errors, but so did DDG and Schmiecal).

I think next season witrh ETH and the new structure thats coming into place we could see a big improvement. Certainly a good run in the EL and the domestic cups. Not afraid to say, a possible top 6 finish too.

I say INEOS if they have doubts, should give him till november to see if things improve, then look for someone else if not.

Soldato
Im all ETH in. He has been with this squad for 2 years, 2 trophies. first year was a fairly good first season, went a bit pooey after Matinez got injured then it snowballed. this season was a very bad one. The rest is history. If he does go, a new manager comes in and has to get used to the players, the players will have to learn new coaching styles, tactics, new staff etc. It will be another 2 steps back. Whereas if ETH stays, he knows the players, the player know him. Those 4 youngsters are the backbone of this club with Bruno. Build it around them 5. Hell i am even impressed how Onana improved over the season after a crappy start (still a few errors, but so did DDG and Schmiecal).

I think next season witrh ETH and the new structure thats coming into place we could see a big improvement. Certainly a good run in the EL and the domestic cups. Not afraid to say, a possible top 6 finish too.

I say INEOS if they have doubts, should give him till november to see if things improve, then look for someone else if not.
Disagree despte your opinion.

With the respect that you give the, a, manager the backing or don't.

Waiting until November makes no sense.

Caporegime
Judging a manager and a team on cup performances is a mugs game, anything can happen (and usually does) in them. There's been zero progression in your league form, no stylistic change, most of the time you look utterly uncoached. Why do you think every single supporter of opposition teams would love it if you kept him for the last year of his contract?

How many managers have left Ajax and been successful elsewhere? 2 I think, LGV and Cruyff.

Out of those 3 managers which one was the fastest to 100 wins I wonder?

This season has been a total wright off due to injuries. You cannot judge him on that. You can judge him yes of maybe not being more pragmatic and setting up for the low block but as said it is pointless trying to instil a way of playing while trying to teach another way because of injuries. Klopp was no different when he had injuries the two seasons they did incredibly badly. He still played his way and sometimes Liverpool looked clueless too.

He got his tactics spot on yesterday against the best manager in the world but he is obviously rubbish. Just like when his Ajax team demolished 3 time winners Real Madrid 5-3 on agg.

Last edited:
Soldato
Disagree despte your opinion.

With the respect that you give the, a, manager the backing or don't.

Waiting until November makes no sense.
why not? Its been done before. If things are not imrpoving, get rid and get a new manager in before xmas and hope to get a better second half of the season. Or keep him on see if we end up in a relegation battle, I think I would rather wait a few montsh to see if he improves and reassess in November.

Soldato
why not? Its been done before. If things are not imrpoving, get rid and get a new manager in before xmas and hope to get a better second half of the season. Or keep him on see if we end up in a relegation battle, I think I would rather wait a few montsh to see if he improves and reassess in November.
It's been done before yes of course.

ETH has had enough time so get rid or don't.

Don't mess about come November.

Last edited:
Soldato
enough time? He walked into a circus. got rid of some bad eggs and was hit by an injury tornado which put his plan back 6months to a year. If he had a full squad playing this season and still ended up 8th with an FA cup win, maybe get rid, but got to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Soldato
enough time? He walked into a circus. got rid of some bad eggs and was hit by an injury tornado which put his plan back 6months to a year. If he had a full squad playing this season and still ended up 8th with an FA cup win, maybe get rid, but got to give him the benefit of the doubt.
I agree with that.

But there is nothing tactifully that convinces me that he is the right man for the job.

Last edited:
Soldato
Out of those 3 managers which one was the fastest to 100 wins I wonder?

This season has been a total wright off due to injuries. You cannot judge him on that. You can judge him yes of maybe not being more pragmatic and setting up for the low block but as said it is pointless trying to instil a way of playing while trying to teach another way because of injuries. Klopp was no different when he had injuries the two seasons they did incredibly badly. He still played his way and sometimes Liverpool looked clueless too.

He got his tactics spot on yesterday against the best manager in the world but he is obviously rubbish. Just like when his Ajax team demolished 3 time winners Real Madrid 5-3 on agg.
Lol, yeah he's the best manager in ajax's history, you got me :cry:

Is ten hag still the manager with the highest league win % in your modern history? You love to cherry pick stats. I really hope he's your manager come the start of next season

Soldato
Yes the players played for him yesterday.

They should be playing for him every week.

It's not ETH, it's just how it is, and sadly, he has to go.

Last edited:
Soldato
Lets be honest utd were lucky to even get to that fa cup final after that semi final against cov

you can get "lucky" in a cup run a prem league season doesn't lie. 14 defeats and 8th place, why some like adam think he's the man to take utd forward i don't know

More than 1 in 3 games were a defeat this season

Last edited:
Soldato
Lets be honest utd were lucky to even get to that fa cup final after that semi final against cov

you can get "lucky" in a cup run a prem league season doesn't lie. 14 defeats and 8th place, why some like adam think he's the man to take utd forward i don't know

More than 1 in 3 games were a defeat this season
It's been one of the worst seasons for Man U over the last 10 years or so I have witnessed.

We won the FA Cup which is great.

But it's a cup.

This team really needs a new manager one way or the other.

And that's just the way **** is.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I don't think I've ever seen so much salt from a fan of a team after they've won a trophy.

Acting like ETH was treated like that because he's foreign :cry: has he had his eyes closed to how our media have treated English players and managers for god knows how many years.

Soldato
I don't think I've ever seen so much salt from a fan of a team after they've won a trophy.

Acting like ETH was treated like that because he's foreign :cry: has he had his eyes closed to how our media have treated English players and managers for god knows how many years.
Yeh I did read that.

Also Shearer got a load of stick on his Twitter.

Soldato
If utd got poch in sancho would come back and poch would get the best out of him like he would the other youngsters

wouldnt surprise me if kane was tempted to utd if poch came also ;)

Last edited:

fez

fez

Caporegime

Whos said that? Hes treated this way because hes United manager. Everything related to United is dialled up to 11 despite us not being relevant in footballing terms for a decade now. Its pretty simple. United have one of the biggest fanbases in the world and the fans of every other English club love to hate us so any stories or media related to United are gold. Maximum engagement and division.

I like how everyone here totally ignores how obliterated our squad has been this season and totally ignores ETH first season where we won 66% of games.

I don't think we are ignoring it. Most of us are have explicitly mentioned it. The problem is that despite the injuries, the football has been turgid and not even shown glimpses of long term improvement. Even when Liverpool had bad injury issues they were still fundamentally good at times. They still had an identity.

Its not always about the stats or the league position. Its how you do it. Thats why Arsenal kept Arteta.

Oh and we weren't exactly lighting up the league in his first season. I think that the main improvment many of us expected in year two was an improvement to the quality of football. He also had Rashford in silly form for a large spell which covered some of the team issues.

Back
Top Bottom