The England Cricket Thread

Associate
Well done Australia. Smith and Labuschange been very good with the bat and then some very good bowling. For years they've been slowly building this fast bowling crop, finally they've got them all 5 fit at the same time and it's been too much for us.

I wouldn't be so eager to completely dismantle this England team having seen some serious fight these past few games.

Caporegime
Well done to the one man team

Yes I’m bitter :p

Australia: 'It's OK, we've got Smith!

England: 'It's OK, we've got Archer!'

*Archer drops Smith on 70*

Smith:

Troll-Face.png

Soldato
Well done Australia. Smith and Labuschange been very good with the bat and then some very good bowling. For years they've been slowly building this fast bowling crop, finally they've got them all 5 fit at the same time and it's been too much for us.

I wouldn't be so eager to completely dismantle this England team having seen some serious fight these past few games.

From the tail enders and Stokes yes...from the rest? Absolute tripe.

Soldato
5 amazing bowlers and the world's best batsman that can play anywhere.

Australia deserved to win.

England need to make some changes, but nothing too dramatic. There was nothing we could have done to win this series with Australia as they are. Perhaps woakes might have helped. Couple of top orders that could be replaced maybe...

Associate
From the tail enders and Stokes yes...from the rest? Absolute tripe.

So we're going to forget Root's 77 and Denly's 50 in the previous game that gave Stokes atleast something to work with? As well as Burn's 81 and Root's 71 in the first innings of this test to put us up to a reasonable total? As well as another fifty from Denly in the 2nd to try and bat out a draw?

Despite Australia having a fantastic bowling attack, 4 of the top 6 run scorers in the series are English and 3 of the top 6 wicket takers are also English. England were not awful, they just didn't have a Steve Smith. Lets not be so quick to get rid of every one of our players just because they are unable to average 134 against some seriously good bowlers!

There is also plenty of ifs, buts and maybes. For example if both Archer and Anderson had been fully fit for the entire series and we had a bowling attack of Anderson, Broad and Archer for all of the first four tests, would we have won the series? Maybe.

The only changes I'd make would be bringing dropping Roy to bring in a new opener(Sibley?), putting Denly down to 3 and sticking Root back at 4. And maybe dropping Bairstow for Foakes.

Soldato
So all we can salvage is to be able to say Aus didn't win the Ashes, they just retain them.

Yeah they're going back to Aus but it's important for my discussions with my Aussie best mate that we at least draw :)

Cob

Cob

Soldato
Aussies win the toss and put England in.

Curran and Woakes in for Roy and Overton. Stokes can't bowl, so seems like a sensible couple of swaps.

Back
Top Bottom