Poll: The EU Referendum: How Will You Vote? (April Poll)

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 452 45.0%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 553 55.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
I have changed my vote from Leave to Remain.
Why?
Well... I still think leaving is the right thing to do for all the usual reasons given... but I think we'll make a pig's ear of it -- so if you believe leaving won't go as well as it should, it makes remaining more attractive.

Soldato
Not really. OCuk predicted a Conservative victory but OCuk always predicts a Conservative victory.

Looking at the numbers, OCuk was significantly off on Labours share of the vote (30% vs. 18%) and the Greens/UKIP were several times more popular on OCuk than they were in the GE.

They captured the feeling of public which the polls missed, it is a poll not to be ignored. The public aren't happy with the EU and it drawing closer together will cause UK interests to be further damaged. It is best to take control of these before it is too late.

Soldato
Out. Everything I've seen and heard has backed that up.

This is the biggest decision we'll ever make in a generation. In and nothing changes (Angela Merkel will ask us to bend over further) - out and the possibilities are endless! Changing leaders/parties does nothing, this can!

Last edited:
Sgarrista
Commissario
Its simple, we need to be able to control immigration, which until we can stop free movement form the EU into the UK, will never happen.

From last nights "Tonight":

Areas that are cheap and in decline get shoveled all the refugees / asylum seekers = area gets worse and worse, locals feel displaced, services unable to cope due to a lack of funding, cuts and poor local economy.

Economic migrants all flock to the areas of work, and generally offset the negative problems, but cause other issues such as placing a massive strain on local services which can't expand quick enough to meet the demands of the area.

What it does highlight however is that there currently isn't any real solution except to leave and take back our boarders. What needs to happen is an equal dispersion of economic migrants, refugees and asylum seekers throughout the UK, however that simply wont happen.

Soldato
Out

• The EU is dying and Brexit will speed that up. Once it’s dead we might be able to re-create a better EU.
  • Population has grown faster than infrastructure can cope, leading to NHS being crippled, housing shortage, school places etc.
  • Immigration needs to be controlled. We are in a position to cherry-pick the brightest and best from around the world and should take advantage of it.
  • Merkel has created instability all over the EU and has even doubled down and said her policies will continue. Who knows what she’ll do next.
  • 1m+ unidentified people from jihadi regions stroll into Europe and will have EU passports in a few years, or maybe sooner if Merkel can’t get everyone else to share the burden she unilaterally created.
  • Turkey is a mess and if they join we’ll have a border with ISIS that is secured by Muslims.

Caporegime
Why do people need to exaggerate the absolutism of the vote?

Geopolitics isn't a static thing, the world is indeed politicallly aligning, but the EU is not doing it correctly and that's all that needs to be stated, economic reasons are rather disingenuous, and fairweather.

I think Chinese currency going gold backed will affect us much more than leaving a degenerative farce.

Soldato
I'll be voting in the actual referendum too. It would be silly not to.

However, I don't think Brexit under the EFTA or EEA rules will affect the freedom of movement, tbh. Hannan thinks we might get some brake mechanism, but what practical difference would that make? Taking Norway and Switzerland as examples, the picture doesn't favour those who desire a significant reduction in numbers or a points-based system like we currently have for non-EU migration.

I remember this from way before Farage v Clegg in '14. It came out during the debate, and there were fact-checks following it.
http://openeurope.org.uk/intelligence/immigration-and-justice/norway-and-switzerland/

This is the biggest decision we'll ever make in a generation.

Yep, the decision is certainly big. Although the more I read into the polling surveys, something tells me, whatever the outcome, the issue wont rest for quite that long. Just look at the Scotch referendum.

In and nothing changes (Angela Merkel will ask us to bend over further) - out and the possibilities are endless! Changing leaders/parties does nothing, this can!

Well, this is a novel way of saying 'better the devil you know'.:D

Last edited:
Associate
Out right from the start and nothing that has been said in the last few weeks has put even the tiniest shred of doubt in my mind. The Remain camp literally has no other argument other than one based on fear - the third time in recent years that this tactic has been employed for political ends.

Truly a sorry state of affairs if the only political argument that can be made from now on is one based solely on negativity and scares the most **** out of the electorate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom