The EU Referendum: Polling Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shortsightedness and political correctness has killed this once great nation.

Shame on you people voting remain. You will regret it mark my words.

Voting leave. I don't feel that long term the EU will have our best interests at heart. I don't accept that we wont be deeper intergrated into the EU and having to adopt more of the EU (eurozone,ttip,shengen) in the future. The EU trading bloc is shrinking and not expanding.

Migration of EU citizens at approx 173000 per year is not sustainable, and prevents integration from being effective. To keep up with current demand immigration would have to be a lot lower - sub 100000.

Vote leave for our future generations....

Reducing immigration numbers - especially to that level - is not really viable.

I've been saying for months that if you look at historical referendums across the world, there is always a swing for the 'status quo'* at the end, as undecideds generally vote for 'no change'

* That's just referring to the status quo of the binary option, not that the EU will continue as it is.

So glad you put that last bit in, I'm getting tired typing it! There is obviously no status quo. The EU will continue to evolve, if that is a good or a bad thing only history will judge.
I am off out to vote leave, but have money bet on remain winning.Life will go on regardless. The only winners either way are the ones at the top of the dungheap.

Shortsightedness and political correctness has killed this once great nation.

Shame on you people voting remain. You will regret it mark my words.

Just saying the same thing over and over again isn't going to make your opinion and views any more valid.

The same goes for a few people in this thread thus far. :).

Because of their atrocious Human rights record?

And they wont get into the EU without fixing it (among about 200 other things stipulated by the EU).

So, ergo, if they get into the EU, they wont have a human right issue.

Huh, what's going on here? 354 votes - not a tiny number - and remain has a 7 percentage point advantage. On OcUK, where leave has been in the lead since day 1.

Is there a last-minute swing to remain? Do leave voters get up late?
There was ALWAYS going to be a swing to remain at the last minute, question was only how big. That the headline polls were pretty much level, meant Remain would win given this swing and the way undecideds were most likely to vote.

Sadly, yes. It's the way things go. But a close vote like we have on this forum will hardly constitute a satisfactory result.

It's a win, but not a convincing one or one that will put any issues to bed.

Britain is already the most densely populated country in Europe.

Our infrastructure is already creaking/breaking/inadequate. It can't cope already. Today.

The worlds most reliable source (lol) Wiki reckons both Belgium and Netherlands (and Malta) are more densely populated, but admittedly thats from a good few years ago.

This link

https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/news/nr/uk-immigration-crowded-ukip-1.447474

shows that England is more densely populated, but I really should point out that the UK is more than just England. Although sometimes I think a lot of voters think England is the centre of the world and forget about the rest.

Britain is already the most densely populated country in Europe.

No it isn't.

Monaco
Vatican City
Malta
San Marino
Netherlands
Belgium

All have a higher population density.

Germany
Italy
Switzerland

Are very close to us in terms of population density.

Do we really want Britain covered with infrastructure, houses etc etc. Population growth will have to stop at some point. Or do people think we can just go on and on adding people with no limits?

Well If the UK votes to remain we are well and truly on the High Way To Hell.... In the years to come just watch as Europe erodes what's left of our sovereignty & parliament, moving ever closer to a fully integrated european union.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom