US: The Expanse - ** Please use spoiler tags for reveals with TV show or books**

Associate
And still no confirmed air date on SyFy in the UK.

I really dont get that, theyve said its the most theyve ever spent on a Tv series, yet still no sign of it here and its not like Syfy is ram packed with quality output 24/7. Do they think we only want Sharknado 5 in the Uk?

Associate
Problem is, SyFy don't have the rights to distribute it outside of the US I'm led to believe.

International distribution is being handled by Legendary I think.

http://www.legendary.com/television/the-expanse/

Right cheers , theyve not got a huge Tv slate from the looks if it, wonder if they are trying to sell to a wider watched channel , Sky One etc like they have with Colony

Man of Honour
I really home thats not bobbie in the trailer, she's about half the size she should be and if thats power armor i'm going to be gravely disappointed.

Still a great show, watched it, read (all) the books then came back and watched it again. The show hints at a lot of stuff they can't explicitly talk through like the coriolis effect in the station which gives it a feeling of being a deeper place than they can talk through properly in the series.

Soldato
Right cheers , theyve not got a huge Tv slate from the looks if it, wonder if they are trying to sell to a wider watched channel , Sky One etc like they have with Colony

Yeah probably this! I imagine they'll wait for Christmas so that people get into the series then it's not too long after they can go straight into season 2.

Associate
I suspect they don't have right to air it outside of the USA as "VaderDSL" pointed out as the two other show that syfy done as part of there rework in to space base Sci-Fi show "killjoys & dark matter" have both air on syfy uk. as for colony that show wasn't done by syfy and in fact aired on USA Network, hence why sky one got the uk rights to it. the Blu-ray of season 1 of the expanse is region free and can be bought off ebay.

Associate
I really home thats not bobbie in the trailer, she's about half the size she should be and if thats power armor i'm going to be gravely disappointed.

Still a great show, watched it, read (all) the books then came back and watched it again. The show hints at a lot of stuff they can't explicitly talk through like the coriolis effect in the station which gives it a feeling of being a deeper place than they can talk through properly in the series.

I guess it must be Bobbie. I always picture the actress who plays Bobby in agents of shield. Wrong ethnicity I think but the build and name just made her stick in my head.

Edit: In work so can't rewatch trailer but actress playing her is 6ft tall!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Apparently she is from new zealand, guess its hard to find good Polynesian actresses that are 6 foot tall and built as hell. Rewatching the trailer shes actually pretty tall in comparison to the other marines.

Still the armor looks a little basic, was thinking something closer to the edge of tomorrow type outfits

Caporegime
Ahh really? I thought it was made by syfy, and so would be distributed on Syfy UK, damn. Hope it gets picked up soon!

Not sure if it's still on this page or the previous one but international syndication is being handled by Legendary Pictures rather than by SyFy themselves.

Soldato
I suspect they don't have right to air it outside of the USA as "VaderDSL" pointed out as the two other show that syfy done as part of there rework in to space base Sci-Fi show "killjoys & dark matter" have both air on syfy uk. as for colony that show wasn't done by syfy and in fact aired on USA Network, hence why sky one got the uk rights to it. the Blu-ray of season 1 of the expanse is region free and can be bought off ebay.

I am watching it on US SyFy channel.

Man of Honour
i'd highly recommend reading the books, the first one is a little odd but still gripping and the rest are amazing - plus the tv series characters are incredibly well matched to the novels so it doesn't feel too harsh a transition. There is some disparity story arch wise, but it still works :)

Can't wait for December for Babylon's Ashes (book 6) and January for season 2 :D

Back
Top Bottom