US: The Expanse - ** Please use spoiler tags for reveals with TV show or books**

Soldato
I'm on episode 8 now....I really wanted to like it but you can't get away from it. It's just a bit crap.

The characters are all completely forgettable, the acting universally poor.

Shame as it seems like there's a decent story hiding underneath all the cheese.

Caporegime
Not sure what episode im on but its ok... Its not as amazing as i was lead to believe.
I do like it, its very hard to keep track of all the names, places, factions at the start.
I think its all coming together now but im not sure that was what i wanted it to be....

season 2 ? Well that will probably go the way i expect it to, pew pew.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm on episode 8 now....I really wanted to like it but you can't get away from it. It's just a bit crap.

The characters are all completely forgettable, the acting universally poor.

Shame as it seems like there's a decent story hiding underneath all the cheese.

Like wise. I tried to like this, I really did. But it's dire.

Soldato
Question about season 1 plot hole:

The main plot revolves around the destruction of the Canterbury when it answers a distress call that turns out to be a trap. The captain suspects it's pirate bait, so decides to ignore it, but Holden logs the call with HQ, which forces them to respond. Later, the XO of the Mars ship that picks up the survivors notes that no freighter captain worth his salt would have answered that distress call.

But in one of the last episodes, we overhear a villain conversation in a flashback that they know the Cant is in the area and will be picking up the signal shortly. Their whole plan seems to rely on the Cant responding to the distress signal. But if it wasn't for Jon Snow Holden having an attack of conscience, it wouldn't have. How could they have known that would happen?

Man of Honour
Question about season 1 plot hole:

The main plot revolves around the destruction of the Canterbury when it answers a distress call that turns out to be a trap. The captain suspects it's pirate bait, so decides to ignore it, but Holden logs the call with HQ, which forces them to respond. Later, the XO of the Mars ship that picks up the survivors notes that no freighter captain worth his salt would have answered that distress call.

But in one of the last episodes, we overhear a villain conversation in a flashback that they know the Cant is in the area and will be picking up the signal shortly. Their whole plan seems to rely on the Cant responding to the distress signal. But if it wasn't for Jon Snow Holden having an attack of conscience, it wouldn't have. How could they have known that would happen?

Could be something that hasn't been revealed yet from a deeper story though unlikely. Another way it could be tied up is with Holden's "girlfriend" and the whole "there is something you should know" thing - don't think that is ever explained but its probably actually something mundane - but its possible she was planted there to make sure the Cant would respond.

Soldato
Could be something that hasn't been revealed yet from a deeper story though unlikely. Another way it could be tied up is with Holden's "girlfriend" and the whole "there is something you should know" thing - don't think that is ever explained but its probably actually something mundane - but its possible she was planted there to make sure the Cant would respond.

But it wasn't her that logged the call, and so far, mind control doesn't seem to be a thing in the Expanse universe.

The only way I can think of for it to not be a plot hole is if Holden turns out to be working with the baddies.

Man of Honour
My assumption is that she would have logged it if no one else did or something like that - I can't actually remember what happened around that point and how likely that could have been - my thinking being she was a small cog in a big wheel and didn't know the Cant would be attacked

Man of Honour
unhelpful spoiler taking into account the greater (book) universe:

Your kind of right, the whole using the Cant to destabilize the belt doesn't make sense as a gambit... Most people wouldn't respond only Holden with his sense of civic duty, is the sort of person to do so.

The fact that the distress was 'martian tech' was to try and implicate the martians in the killing of the scopuli crew, but the destruction of the Cant feels more of a happy coincidence.

Last edited:
Soldato
uvarvu;30481683 said:
That space battle was great, I don't think projectiles tearing through a spaceship like that has been done before.

Love the attention to details as well, like how they donned their suits and decompressed the ship and tanked their atmosphere first so it wouldn't experience an explosive decompression during the fight and cause everything to get sucked into the vacuum through the projectile holes.

Caporegime
Can't mind the woman's name that's in the UN, but her voice grinds my gears everytime I hear her.

You would love her in 24 then, proper scratchy when constantly referring to Beriuz (her son). I quite like it.

Started season 2 but I am scratching my head a little at what happened in season 1 :o

Soldato
Really enjoyed s1, surprised as it looked like a typical Scfy show but reminded me of Battlestar Galactica.

I hoped Netflix would have weekly released s2 but looks like we'll be waiting for it to finish before it airs over here :(

Back
Top Bottom