The Expanse

Soldato
Anyway, back from that tangent; Stargate Universe was the best Stargate in my opinion. I'm so sad it got cancelled! :'(

SGU could have been excellent if they ditched the angsty teen drama and the magical stones that allow instant contact with everyone back home. You never really felt like they were stranded.

Associate
SGU could have been excellent if they ditched the angsty teen drama and the magical stones that allow instant contact with everyone back home. You never really felt like they were stranded.

Good point, I forgot about that. Not seen it since it came out, I just remember enjoying it. Maybe I've got my rose tinted glasses on!

Soldato
Finished S3 at last.

It's still very much a love/hate relationship I have with the series.

The first half of S3 was very good, it was moving along the faction politics and bigger story arcs nicely and was paced well. The newer characters like Drummer and Ashford were actually pretty solid and played with some conviction. Then the series switched back to the weakest links, Nagata and Holden...honestly their 'romance' is the most desperately cringeworthy I've seen in a long time.
Then we have to endure Miller's walking cliche performance for a few more hours again :(

And dear lord, why did they have to make Dominique Tipper attempt the dodgy belter accent, that she apparently gained overnight...she struggles to be convincing when she's talking normally, but with the accent as well. Sad. :(

Hopefully Amazon can chuck a bit more money at the production and up the quality a bit to sort out the rough edges.

Caporegime
I have one minor gripe honestly, obviously the whole last three seasons was a massive plot build up to reveal the big unknown amidst political turbulence. It's clearly going to dial down and i think some people might take it the wrong way.

Obviously there is a new unknown and political turbulence is still rather relevant, though i guess thankfully you can just binge the whole thing.

Soldato
Nagata's accent changes depending upon whomever she's talking to, she speaks like an Inner around them and uses a Belter twang around them.
I admit, it does sound a bit strange though.

Soldato
Still haven't got round to finishing season 3.
Absolutely loved the first one. Liked the second but the third just seems to have lost something... mainly as the crew on the Roccinate have become stale and there's not enough other "stuff" to compensate.
Will plough through it eventually!

Soldato
Just did all 3 seasons in about 2 weeks. Really liked it, I just wish so badly that Elizabeth Mitchell would stop getting cast. I hate her so much. Her expressionless face and dead eyed smile drive me nuts.

Soldato
Great show, very happy to see that it's already been renewed for season five. I'm almost afraid to watch new shows now on account of them getting cancelled on cliffhangers so frequently.

Soldato
I have one minor gripe honestly, obviously the whole last three seasons was a massive plot build up to reveal the big unknown amidst political turbulence. It's clearly going to dial down and i think some people might take it the wrong way.

Obviously there is a new unknown and political turbulence is still rather relevant, though i guess thankfully you can just binge the whole thing.

The buildup doesn't stop, the writers are pretty much relentless IMHO. It continues all the way through the series of books too and will reach a climatic end in the final book.

Soldato
Great show, very happy to see that it's already been renewed for season five. I'm almost afraid to watch new shows now on account of them getting cancelled on cliffhangers so frequently.

Same.

The least they can do is to allow a conclusion; some kind of ending, rather than just leave the story hanging like a thread..

Soldato
Same.

The least they can do is to allow a conclusion; some kind of ending, rather than just leave the story hanging like a thread..

Absolutely.

SyFy are one of the worst, they canned The Expanse (still alive thanks to Amazon), they canned Dark Matter at a horrible point. They've a history of doing that sort of thing going back years ago with stuff like Caprica. I pretty much skip SyFy shows all together now, I might pick something up after it's finished airing and I know there's a proper conclusion, but my trust in the network is non existent.

Back
Top Bottom