The Expanse

Permabanned
I was super excited (rare today) for this show and watched Season One two weeks ago but its not that great IMO, hope it heats up.

I did notice straight off they did manage to squeeze in some political agenda areas like most shows today, obviously never will be as good as B5.

Soldato
I was super excited (rare today) for this show and watched Season One two weeks ago but its not that great IMO, hope it heats up.

I did notice straight off they did manage to squeeze in some political agenda areas like most shows today, obviously never will be as good as B5.

It really builds, great character and story development, don’t give up.

Soldato
The giant ring is formed from what emerged from Venus, some time after it was hit by the protomolecule infected Eros asteroid in season 2.

I assume everyone wants to head into the ring because Holden is wanted and that's where the Rocinate goes.
Thanks.. turned out I did miss an episode!
Finished season 3 now and whilst it did feel like way too much filler at the start was overall good. Looking forward to 4

Soldato
Just binged the whole series. This is up there with B5 and Farscape for me. There is so much Mass Effect in this though.
It's amazing, so amazing that it caused me to read all the books and novellas and I haven't read a book for about 20 years!

I also met Thomas Jane, i.e Miller as I work at a hotel and he was such an awesome guy in rl smoking a massive cigar on the front step not giving a f, talked about the music and he told me to watch the expanse, I'm glad I did

I am the opposite to darkgen, I have totally bought into the watching a whole series back to back (not necessarily one sitting lol), and I actively now avoid watching things until they are all available.
If there needs to be a break then do it more like prime US series where they often have a mid season break, so release it in two chunks.
The drip feeding seems so unnecessary now

Soldato
Got an LG OLED yesterday and had a look at some bits of The Expanse in 4K on Amazon just now. Even though it’s not in HDR it looks so good. Space sci fi and OLED go together well. I hope series 4 is in HDR/Dolby Vision.

Back
Top Bottom