The FA CUP Quarter Final ** Spoilers ** [11th - 13th March 2017]

Soldato
What I can't believe having seen the second Herrera yellow is that he even made the challenge. United have their entire back four behind Herrera and Valencia would have been well positioned to close Hazard down had Herrera let him go. Footballers just don't seem to be able to help themselves, they always seem to commit the stupid foul in such unnecessary situations. That early in the game, first priority ought to be stopping yourself from getting a second yellow, even if it means pulling out of a few tackles, even if it means the opposition score. As much as I like Herrera as a player, he can be very rash at times, he needs to learn to control his emotions better and have more footballing sense.

Don
I'm pretty sure the Ibra one was intentional but I agree that it's impossible to say which is why I was shocked they gave him 5 games.

And Rojo isn't getting charged! The guy can literally do what he likes on the pitch and not get punished. Utd have been charged with failing to control their players though.

Soldato
Oliver said he saw the incident, that's why.

And this is where the FA need to change to make themselves be taken seriously, if the referee says he's seen it but hasn't metered out the correct punishment then the FA should then apply the punishment retrospectively and then take the referee to one side and deal with his performance rather than hide behind a wall of sham.

Everyone can see there was more malice in Rojo's stamp than Mings but one gets a 5 match ban and the other not even a yellow card, makes a mockery out of the game.

Associate
I really don't understand how he's getting away with it. If Mings got a ban, Rojo should get a ban, regardless of if the ref saw it or not.

Back
Top Bottom