The FA CUP Quarter Final ** Spoilers ** [11th - 13th March 2017]

Caporegime
Quick comment on Herrera's yellow and the persistent fouling of Hazard. I've just seen the following law/directive post on twitter:

Assuming that's correct, regardless whether you think Herrera's foul was worthy of a yellow in isolation, it would appear as if Oliver was correct in his action. He warned Smalling after the Jones foul about the challenges on Hazard and then cautioned Herrera for his challenge moments later.

Exactly it says warn the team. He only warned Jones and Smalling not the team, well smalling didn't even have time to pass on that information either.

Man of Honour
We made hard work of that, I can't remember a game when we missed the target by so much so many times.
Man.U's tactics were pretty basic -
First half - Kick Hazard, kick ball
Second half - Kick Costa, kick ball to lanky bloke

Would've preferred Arsenal in the semis (everyone would) but at least it's not Man.C.

Soldato
Just seen the Rojo stamp on Hazard. The FA have to ban him especially after they found Mings guilty of it. Its even more obvious.

Must've missed that, linky please?

Also I left this thread because I made a pact of not posting about football as much (failed in that attempt) so have just seen the reaction to Valencia's 2 footer, couldn't believe Keown thinks it was a fair challenge :eek:

Caporegime
Was working this evening so only had the game on a screen I could look at sometimes... just saw the stamp on Twitter. That's surely going to get him a retrospective ban. Was it talked about much in commentary/in this thread?

It was briefly talked about in the studio, I missed it in real time but after seeing replays it's blatant. Horrible ****.

Soldato
I thought I saw that, but I assumed my eyes were deceiving me when there were no complaints (just Hazard raising his arms in a 'seriously?' sort of way) and no replay.

Also:

Thats just passing...you can be tackled you know ;)

_95139230_getimage.png

Still less than 15 :p

Don
Exactly it says warn the team. He only warned Jones and Smalling not the team, well smalling didn't even have time to pass on that information either.
Now you're just being silly. The ref isn't going to go round the entire Utd side and subs and say if you foul Hazard you're getting booked, is he? He called the captain over and you saw him point to various places where Hazard was fouled - it's Smalling's job to make sure he passes that on to his team but he didn't, he just ran back to his position.

Caporegime
Also I left this thread because I made a pact of not posting about football as much (failed in that attempt) so have just seen the reaction to Valencia's 2 footer, couldn't believe Keown thinks it was a fair challenge :eek:

Yeah that definitely should've been an automatic red card but if he'd penalised every foul United would probably have had to forfeit the match due to lack of players.

Associate
Was working this evening so only had the game on a screen I could look at sometimes... just saw the stamp on Twitter. That's surely going to get him a retrospective ban. Was it talked about much in commentary/in this thread?

It wasn't really noticed in 'real-time' - I only saw it in the replay in the studio. He'll be getting a ban for sure, as long as the FA are consistent (following the ruling on Mings).

Valencia will get away with his two footed lunge I reckon, as the ref saw it and (for some reason) waved play on.

Associate
Rojo should definitely have been sent off, or be given a ban. It was blatant and I personally dislike him as a Man United fan, he's too rash and does stupid things all the time.

Disappointed in the result overall, I missed the match last night. Having said that from what I've seen it's a 50/50 with the sending off. It would have been nice to have left it at 11v11 and a sending off so early is always hard to take.

Pogba needs to start performing in the big games, honestly. He looks like a flailing child when we play against the big teams.

Don
Rojo always gets away with it though. That's at least the 3rd red card challenge he's made this season that he's got away with and it's not as if you could argue any of them were debatable either.

Caporegime
Valencia has got away with 3 too, shame because we could do with having him out more. Twice Herrera hasn't remotely deserved to be sent off this season while others have. Just terrible refereeing as usual.

Don
The one earlier in the season was unfortunate as he's slipped into the challenge and made it look worse than it was but he can have no complaints with yesterday's. Two cynical fouls which are more often than not yellows in their own right and the 2nd was right on the back of the ref warning Utd about constantly fouling Hazard - he only has himself to blame.

Back
Top Bottom