• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Financial Results Thread

Suspended
That is not true. Gnexus did some really detailed comparisons of the two, they had the exact same efficiency. A 10900k locked at 125w performed similarly to the 5800x in most multithreaded workloads, while it was much faster when power unlimited drawing twice the wattage. I know you don't like Intel but please, come on, let's not skew the facts. Also, the 10850k was released around the same time that cost as much as the 5600x, while handily beating it. Very handily I might add.
And neither the 5800x or the 5600x was 30% faster in games, now you are just making stuff up...I mean come on.

Average.png

The 5800X doesn't use more than 125 watts at any point, if even that much, so the 10900K cannot be simultaneously just as fast as the 5800X at 125 watts and much faster than its self (and by extension the 5800X) when not power limited.

And that slide, obvious GPU bottleneck.

Go though these, they arnt limited to the GPU's performance.

Last edited:
Soldato
The 5800X doesn't use more than 125 watts at any point, if even that much, so the 10900K cannot be simultaneously just as fast as the 5800X at 125 watts and much faster than its self (and by extension the 5800X) when not power limited.

And that slide, obvious GPU bottleneck.

Go though these, they arnt limited to the GPU's performance.

Gnexus disagrees, he measured 127 watts, 2 less than the 10900k (after the first 60 seconds of PL2).

Anandtech's gaming results are a joke so yeah, no thnx. If you believe the 5800x is 30% (LOL) faster than a 10900k at games, well, sure w/e, you are so far off it's not even worth talking about

This doesn't seem particularly gpu bound, especially the lows

gpu-bound.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
That's the first time i've seen AnandTech refereed to as joke, @Bencher :)

Find the relevent GN video and post it in one of the Ryzen threads, not this thread, i'll look at it tomorrow.
Anandtechs gaming benchmarks have been a joke for the last.....5 - maybe more years. Back in 2018 the fastest gaming CPU from their benchmarks was the...i5 7400. Yeah, it was beating the 8700k. So, no ty, ill pass.

Soldato
A rising tide lifts all boats is a saying in the investment world when for example a sector leader pulls the rest of a sector up. Well, other than Intel in this case, although even Intel has risen a few % today :D . Boat with leaks?

Last edited:
Soldato
A rising tide lifts all boats is a saying in the investment world when for example a sector leader pulls the rest of a sector up. Well, other than Intel in this case, although even Intel has risen a few % today :D . Boat with leaks?

Makes you wonder whether once all that nice CHIPS Act money comes flowing into Intel,the stock might rise too.

Soldato
Makes you wonder whether once all that nice CHIPS Act money comes flowing into Intel,the stock might rise too.
Yeah, plus if the worst does come to pass in China/Taiwan, Intel sure are sitting on a lot of the fabbing capacity that exists in the western world. Touch wood it doesn't and a bit of a grim thought but there it is.

Last edited:
Suspended
A possible reason for that ^^^^

AMD's new AI chip. MI 300X

8X HBM (192GB)
8X GPU Chips
4X Cache 3D Stacked
3X Zen 5 CPU Chips with 8 cores each 3D Stacked
304 CUs

Its a chiplet 3D stacked salad.

Price, around $10,000.

Last edited:
Suspended
AMD are claiming MI 300X is the worlds fastest AI inference GPU.

304 CUs
7900XTX has 96.

Jim said the thing is insane, an entire AI machine on a single packed, thanks to AMD's chiplet / 3D stacking technology.

Last edited:
Suspended

I get the sense that both don't really care, Nvidia have said time and time again said they are an AI company now, but they have competition, 3 of the 4 largest hyperscalers are apparently on board with AMD in AI.

AMD probably care slightly more than Nvidia's not one bit because they will, despite that ^^^^ be more nervious than Nvidia of success in AI.

Back
Top Bottom