• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Financial Results Thread

Soldato
Looks like AMD shareholders will be getting a dividend for the first time in a long time. I would have thought though that revenue would have been higher given the successful Ryzen launch, new consoles and the fact they have sold every video card they could make, perhaps AMD are a bit conservative on production?

Soldato
I read AMD Q1 2018 financial results and I realised something not quite right about Q4 2017 figures, I looked back to AMD Q4 2017 results and wow figures did not matched then I looked back to AMD Q3, Q2 and Q1 2017 figures all matched exactly.

If you read Q4 numbers in AMD Q1 2018 financial results:

Q4 2017 GAAP

Revenue $1.34B
Gross Margin % 34%
Operating Expense $454M
Operating Expense % 34%
Operating Income (loss) $(2)M
Net Income (loss) $(19)M
Earnings (loss) per share $(0.02)

Q4 2017 NON GAAP

Revenue $1.34B
Gross Margin % 34%
Operating Expense $433M
Operating Expense % 32%
Operating Income (loss) $19M
Net Income (loss) $8M
Earnings (loss) per share $0.01

Compared to Q4 numbers in AMD Q4 2017 financial results did not matched:

Revenue $1.48B
Gross Margin % 35%
Operating Expense $433M
Operating Expense % 29%
Operating Income (loss) $82M
Net Income (loss) $61M
Earnings (loss) per share $0.06

Q4 2017 NON GAAP

Revenue $1.48B
Gross Margin % 35%
Operating Expense $412M
Operating Expense % 29%
Operating Income (loss) $103M
Net Income (loss) $88M
Earnings (loss) per share $0.08

Hmmm back in Q4 AMD reported $1.48B revenue, made GAAP $61M profit and NON GAAP $88M profit so now in Q1 AMD changed Q4 numbers with $1.34B revenue, made GAAP $19M loss and NON GAAP $8M profit. Obviously AMD manipulated either Q1 or Q4 results.

Soldato
Someone is upset lool Relax its just a company reporting profit! At the end of the day it's great for us all! AMD push better products, this challenges other companies to make better products! WIN WIN WIN

AMD CEO: Our long-term strategy is paying off
Lisa Su, Advance Micro Devices CEO discusses the company's big quarterly beat; growth in gaming; her outlook on blockchain, and strategy to beat the competition and retain talent. In tech, it's a talent war, says Su.

https://finance.yahoo.com/video/amd-ceo-long-term-strategy-132700153.html?sf187877779=1&guccounter=1

Soldato
Someone is upset lool Relax its just a company reporting profit! At the end of the day it's great for us all! AMD push better products, this challenges other companies to make better products! WIN WIN WIN

AMD CEO: Our long-term strategy is paying off
Lisa Su, Advance Micro Devices CEO discusses the company's big quarterly beat; growth in gaming; her outlook on blockchain, and strategy to beat the competition and retain talent. In tech, it's a talent war, says Su.

https://finance.yahoo.com/video/amd-ceo-long-term-strategy-132700153.html?sf187877779=1&guccounter=1

How is it WIN WIN WIN when the company in fact reporting $19M loss in Q4? :confused:

Soldato
It is just down to the new revenue reporting standards. They were pushing some sales orders in a bit earlier than they are now allowed to under the ASC606 rules.
Nothing to see there really, back dating new rules onto old numbers will always bring out some odd results.

Soldato
NVidia is pumped because of the machine learning hype train...which may be justified depending on how demand grows in that sector.

Still, I'm pretty happy continuing to hold my AMD stock, been a good few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom