• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** THE FIRST FREESYNC MONITOR ARRIVES AT OcUK!! **

It's £130 cheaper for a start and I haven't read into it yet but shanks said something about freesync offering framerate control over gsync.

It's practically the same panel used. Cheaper that's a given, we know that. A feature of Freesync over Gysnc means its superior ? Maybe I'm in the wrong game then. My Golf is superior to a Bugatti Veyron, it does more MPG.

Looking forward to reading some user reviews! :)

ill be doing one once I receive it against my quinx pls screen which does 11th hopefully the colours won't let it down I really do like my pls but need to see how good freesync is. hopefully it can match what I saw of my mates gsync screen

I knew it wouldn't be long before we saw a car analogy used.

Yes one feature can set something apart on tech like this, if you're too closed minded to see that and want to keep using car analogies then feel free, you won't be getting further response from me.

That makes this panel superior over the Swift due to that ? More features, slight upgrade, maybe even use 'better' at a push, but superior ? Buzz word for a sale me thinks.

For me YES! Am sure you know by now I hate locking down my frame rate never have and never will.. but having the option to have freesync kick in once my frame rate drops down into the panel spec 30-144 is a feature that put Freesync above all..

So for it is far more superior to me..

Can't talk for everyone.

It's practically the same panel used. Cheaper that's a given, we know that. A feature of Freesync over Gysnc means its superior ? Maybe I'm in the wrong game then. My Golf is superior to a Bugatti Veyron, it does more MPG.

Given the rest of your quote that should surely read 'my golf is superior to your golf as it's exactly the same but cost much less'

In any case:
This has better connection options so can be used as a normal monitor if needed.
GSync is also meant to be worse for input lag - we've yet to see any evidence for this so take with an overwhelming quantity of salt.
This is standards-compliant so should work with any other vendors such as Intel if they decide to get on the the bandwagon.
Option to use only when in right range

Things the Swift has going for it:
longer warranty
lighter
was available earlier (though that doesn't make it better now but still is worth mentioning)
ULMB when not using GSync

Back
Top Bottom