• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** THE FIRST FREESYNC MONITOR ARRIVES AT OcUK!! **

Just curious, i own a g sync monitor but own a 295X2 so don't benefit from it.

If i was to buy FreeSync, will i instantly notice improvements in games? When i owned Nvidia cards i couldn't tell the difference when gsync was on even at lower frames <<< sound like a right noob.

I ask as i may as well shift the ASUS ROG and buy a freesync.

Yer, you should get the same G-Sync smoothness with Freesync, so long as AMD don't bodge it up.

After reading how much fun ROG Swift owners have had, It has made me want to be in on the fun too.

After waiting months for a cheaper version, I wished I had just paid the extra £100-200 previously and had more time playing with it. Leets face it, they will not come down anytime soon.

After reading how much fun ROG Swift owners have had, It has made me want to be in on the fun too.

After waiting months for a cheaper version, I wished I had just paid the extra £100-200 previously and had more time playing with it. Leets face it, they will not come down anytime soon.

Just get one, If it works like Gsync it will be worth the purchase :)

Given the rest of your quote that should surely read 'my golf is superior to your golf as it's exactly the same but cost much less'

In any case:
This has better connection options so can be used as a normal monitor if needed.
GSync is also meant to be worse for input lag - we've yet to see any evidence for this so take with an overwhelming quantity of salt.
This is standards-compliant so should work with any other vendors such as Intel if they decide to get on the the bandwagon.
Option to use only when in right range

Things the Swift has going for it:
longer warranty
lighter
was available earlier (though that doesn't make it better now but still is worth mentioning)
ULMB when not using GSync

GSync has some issues with 144Hz + GSync and input latency in some cases - I've never encountered it running at 120Hz - personally I can't really tell the difference between 144 and 120 anyhow (when everything else is equal).

The ROG Swift has only 1 input which supposedly allows them to reduce input latency even more so not sure how that will factor into it in comparision with the BenQ that has multiple inputs (it possibly could feature a bypass/or a specifc connection with direct through).

You pay a good £100 just for the ROG branding if you pay full price for the Swift which was why I waited til I could get it for £500 (special offer + staff discount) so its a bit skewed comparing the price IMO.

You pay a good £100 just for the ROG branding if you pay full price for the Swift which was why I waited til I could get it for £500 (special offer + staff discount) so its a bit skewed comparing the price IMO.
This tbh, take my mobo in sig. £260.00 for a non PLX Z87 board when new. A similair specced board that will oc the cpu to the same level from say gigabyte could be had for around £150.00. I call it the ROG tax. No idea though on how much it costs to implement the gsync unit.

This tbh, take my mobo in sig. £260.00 for a non PLX Z87 board when new. A similair specced board that will oc the cpu to the same level from say gigabyte could be had for around £150.00. I call it the ROG tax. No idea though on how much it costs to implement the gsync unit.

Obviously going to be some R&D costs and other business overheads - the FPGA is available in bulk from as low as $9 (or about $14 to the general public).

Back
Top Bottom