• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** THE FIRST FREESYNC MONITOR ARRIVES AT OcUK!! **

Soldato
don't like the white not quite nailed it still coming off a bit yellow

may have to play for a while to get it right

might try turning the other monitor off too see if my brain is just being a git:D

Soldato
don't like the white not quite nailed it still coming off a bit yellow

may have to play for a while to get it right

might try turning the other monitor off too see if my brain is just being a git:D

Might just take some tweaking. My other BenQ was the same till I dialed in the settings. White so far to me looks decent on standard setting. Give that a try if you not already.

Soldato
Might just take some tweaking. My other BenQ was the same till I dialed in the settings. White so far to me looks decent on standard setting. Give that a try if you not already.

Yeah obviously having them side by side and being fond of my old set up i'd like to get it as close as possible

Blues are a bit more relaxed on the XL2420T

honestly this is one of the best non IPS panels i've used issue isn't it's colour it's just comparing it to my old one trying to get them as close to the same as I like it! The XL2420T 120 hz panel can't be that different from the XL2730Z Can it? Apparently it can oh well I'll keep trying. :D

Man of Honour
honestly this is one of the best non IPS panels i've used issue isn't it's colour it's just comparing it to my old one trying to get them as close to the same as I like it! The XL2420T 120 hz panel can't be that different from the XL2730Z Can it? Apparently it can oh well I'll keep trying. :D

Quite different panels the current 144hz 1440p panels started life closer to a HFFS type design which might be why they have slightly grainy whites.

Last edited:
Soldato
yeah i think the res might be adding a bit more to the colour.

I've pretty much nailed it i think Colour saturation was a bit high

Shame i can't test it on 144hz or freesync but as soon as I can :) I'll be all over it.

one thing I will say is that the monitor is very light my monitor stand isn't struggling despite being designed for 24" :)

Associate
yeah i think the res might be adding a bit more to the colour.

I've pretty much nailed it i think Colour saturation was a bit high

Shame i can't test it on 144hz or freesync but as soon as I can :) I'll be all over it.

one thing I will say is that the monitor is very light my monitor stand isn't struggling despite being designed for 24" :)

That is what I noticed, the panel is extremely light. This is my first monitor with a proper stand, I keep raising and lowering it because I can.

Suspended

Any one wanting to try and force 143Hz and see if that works?

It may/not work with FS idk, coud be useful too if AMD can't enable 144Hz in the driver:eek::p

I posted this on gregs review, it's the very simple CRU utility(5 min job):

You could try CRU and force 143Hz(Step 5), could be worth a shot, pretty simple.

Downsampling The Easy Way With Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)-Running On AMD

CRU-the program you need:

http://www.monitortests.com/cru-1.1.1.zip

Before you do anything, create a System Restore point, it's a handy fallback to use in Safe Mode should your monitor go out of range.

e3ce582bd9a4418a1810bdd16d3f5932.jpg

Run CRU as administrator, allow it through smart screen if need be(W8).

1. Untick 'Include extension block'

2. Click 'Add'

3. Input Horizontal

4. Input Vertical

5. Optional if you have a 120Hz/+ panel, Input Refresh rate.

6. Press OK, and restart PC.

snip

Notes:

I had to unplug my second display as it wouldn't work with both plugged in-your mileage may vary though.

I would advise leaving your native resolution on the desktop and using in game settings to change individual game resolutions as the screen goes blurry when running out with your native res.

:)

Soldato
@Twst can you share your setting please?

sure but please bare in mind i have eyes that are super sensitive to bright light and no ones eyes are the same.

Black EQ 11
Blur reduction off (that makes white a yellow colour to me and really dull )
colour vibrance 8
Low blue light 10
instant mode on
Brightness 28
Contrast 50
sharpness 5
Gamma 5
colour temp R98 G94 B96
AMA high
Dynamic contrast off

Last edited:
Back