• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Fury Pro Fiji Owners Thread

Soldato
yeah but it can be an indicator what could be possible with watercooling and unlocked voltages sure we will never get there because you cant cool it normally but like when a 1400mhz /1000mhz hbm can do that maybe we can get 1250/600-700 with good watercooling which would be very nice

It would be interesting to see if it was the core or the HBM that gives the most performance increase.
If it is the HBM then it seems strange that most games would not be using even half of the bandwidth at stock 500MHz, yet increasing the clockspeed gives gains. Maybe the bandwidth is plenty but the data is not being transferred fast enough?

Soldato
It would be interesting to see if it was the core or the HBM that gives the most performance increase.
If it is the HBM then it seems strange that most games would not be using even half of the bandwidth at stock 500MHz, yet increasing the clockspeed gives gains. Maybe the bandwidth is plenty but the data is not being transferred fast enough?

For sure its the core it always has been and HBM won't change that. It will make a difference at higher resolution with aa etc.

Associate
Yes, definitely 2 1/2 slots per card, big old buggers!

Looking forward to seeing your findings with them xfired! What games will you be testing and at what res? No real interest in benchmark results, it's games I play lol ;)

Caporegime
Use slots 1 & 3 :)

ASUS_X99_A_Stand_575px.png

Last edited:
Associate
I can't :( Well, I can but I need to buy a new sound card.

Only got one PCIEx slot between 1 and 3 (Sabertooth 990fx rev1) It's only an Asus DG X, so not expensive to replace with a PCIe version of the same type. I've got a D2X in my parts bin, doesn't have front panel connection though which started ****ing me off after a while.

Associate
Try and get a fan pointing in the middle of the cards if you can Loads, it really helps my G1's!! (dropped my top card idle about 12c :cool:)

The cooling on these cards is great already that even with xfire you shouldn't really need to be giving them extra air. 62c max under load with 40% fan leaves plenty of room for the extra heat dished out by 2

Associate
I've put the soundproofed side fan panel back on my fractal r5 with this card and noticed no difference. With my MSI gaming 290 I could feel the hot air on my shin. With the R9 Fury Tri X it's warmish at most, and not changed temps since i removed the side exhaust :)

Back
Top Bottom