• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Fury(X) Fiji Owners Thread

lol was just about to say that, just noticed it in the guys video comments.

Ha, do I take a peek at mine?

If I see a sticker I'll be like noooooooooooooo ! :eek::eek:

:D

Funny because the quiet whine when near case doesn't bother me, but the thought of having an old dodgy revision when other people are getting nice new ones with etched in logo (Shows that early revision had to be fixed) irks me as a day one buyer. Because it would be worth much less in re sale.

So I would like to get it switched out at some point. Might email Sapphire and see their policy on RMA for whiny cards :D

From what i read, all new stock should have the pump noise fixed. And the coil wine is a sign of a bad power supply or Noisy power lines in your area. You can fixed the noisy power lines by using a Power Conditioner.

I'm sorry what?
So my power supply (Seasonic x-series 1250W) is bad power supply? And it becomes bad power supply when FPS go above 2000? If FPS less than 2000 then my power supply is good?
And power lines in my street become noisy once fps jump above 2000? How does that theory works?

I think people expecting huge gains from DX12 are going to be disappointed unless they are running a older/slow CPU. As seen from my BF4 video, pretty much the same with Mantle and DX11 in frames.

and as seen from my experience i7 3930k @ 4ghz with stock 290x runs dx at ~80fps, while mantle shoots up at 120fps constant. How is that for disappointment? m?

"I will say, though, that the microphones and speakers involved in recording and playing back this sound don't seem to capture entirely the frustrating character of the high-pitched whine. Something about it puts my monkey brain on edge, as if a teeny, tiny version of nails on a chalkboard were playing constantly in the background."

:D, this I can relate to - I literally turned it on - didn't even wait for it to boot to windows before shutting down & taking apart my PC. Was a simple case of ... NOPE....

If AMD confirm this will be fixed for the next revision I'll wait, otherwise jump ship - shame they seem to be engaged in a communication blackout regarding this issue (apart from that one BS statement about it being fixed for retail versions).

"I will say, though, that the microphones and speakers involved in recording and playing back this sound don't seem to capture entirely the frustrating character of the high-pitched whine. Something about it puts my monkey brain on edge, as if a teeny, tiny version of nails on a chalkboard were playing constantly in the background."

:D, this I can relate to - I literally turned it on - didn't even wait for it to boot to windows before shutting down & taking apart my PC. Was a simple case of ... NOPE....

If AMD confirm this will be fixed for the next revision I'll wait, otherwise jump ship - shame they seem to be engaged in a communication blackout regarding this issue (apart from that one BS statement about it being fixed for retail versions).

You could have at least attempted to try and work the air out and see if that resolved anything. EDIT: I realized that sounded quite harsh... I just meant that you could have tried a few things before just throwing in the towel with it so quickly.

Last edited:

I was running a bath earlier and I could swear I could still hear it :D

Well reading all the posts made me feel guilty so before i sent mine back for pump whine i put it back in. Tried everything, pump above rad, rad above, different psu, different system entirely and nope the whine remained from the moment you turned it on. It is a strange aio issue that i have not encountered on any of my other aio's. No idea what it is.

You could have at least attempted to try and work the air out and see if that resolved anything. EDIT: I realized that sounded quite harsh... I just meant that you could have tried a few things before just throwing in the towel with it so quickly.
Hehe, no worries - if I hadn't read up on it & it was any other sound I'd have tested it further - but I knew exactly what to expect from researching a load of other comments/videos online.

I was running a bath earlier and I could swear I could still hear it :D

Haha :D

I installed new case fans today, so my PC is extra quiet. I've got a passive PSU and all fans on min.

I can def here the pump whine. The closer you get to the case the more annoying it gets.

Thinking I may just send this back while I have the option (If) I have the option, and wait it out a bit until we know the problem has been fixed.

My main concern isn't the noise but the fact that these rev 1 cards will be really undesirable when it comes to re sale.

Irritating but these things do happen, as long as I can return for refund or RMA I'm not bothered. But I want to make sure I have the option. I'll get on it tomorrow and see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom