• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Fury(X) Fiji Owners Thread

If the price settles around the £500 mark, it's a winner, no doubt. We don't know these cards can't be OC'd yet, and if they can be in the future, plus as drivers mature, it's more than a viable alternative to the 980Ti. Factor in Freesync and buying into that ecosystem at a much lower cost than G-Sync, and you're looking at hundreds of pounds saving for equivalent (and in some cases better) performance. Anyone dismissing the Fury X is simply not seeing the bigger picture here.

And potentially less price. £100 less if that is correct. That means pounds to performance it splatters anything Nvidia make and comes AIO cooled, something you have to pay at least £650 for on a 980ti.

Also. You'd be crazy to buy one NOW and you'd have been just as crazy to have bought a 980ti NOW because the war is on. And I don't mean performance, I don't really give a crap about that I mean price. Price price price.

Talk to me AMD..... God I'm so proud of myself for having self control.

ocuk 980ti is same price as that reviews RRP and beats it and looks like from that OC is naff on fury X 9% to 10 -15 on Nvidia ref

Think that's enough to make me go order an MSI 980 Ti now, since we have the first legit review.

Give it a few weeks until stock settles down and the prices will drop. I assure you, buying one now will see you lose a fair chunk on it pretty quickly.

If that bothers you of course, and you don't mind pruning your money tree you have in the back garden.

£600 for me. And that's for two. I will wait.....

ocuk 980ti is same price as that reviews RRP and beats it and looks like from that OC is **** on fury X 9% to 10 -15 on Nvidia ref

I don't care about the SPEED of the 980ti. I care about the price. And it's too much money right now. I thought AMD were taking the pee when they released the 7970 for £439 (the same price as the 3gb 580) but £500+ is a joke. Especially as the shelf life of these cards is being reduced with every launch.

Sod it. Holding firm, £600 for two, that's it...

With the 980ti's now down to £500ish, this is going to look pretty pointless.

No its not. Without the furyx, do you not think a 980ti would have been £700 to £750?

Its great for everybody, Nvidia has had to drop 980ti price to around £500 cause AMD are competing.

Thats great news fro everybody.

Hm, i would probably wait if i wanted one. I reckon AMD will have to drop the price further to get decent sales compared to the 980Ti. If RRP is £550, aio cooler or not, the 980Ti will sell better.

Good that there is some competition for Nvidia's big die cards now though.

Hm, i would probably wait if i wanted one. I reckon AMD will have to drop the price further to get decent sales compared to the 980Ti. If RRP is £550, aio cooler or not, the 980Ti will sell better.

Good that there is some competition for Nvidia's big die cards now though.

Why? SImilar eprformance and watercooled built in for the same money? You take your choices. They wont need to drop the price below £500 unless Nvidia do as well.

Back
Top Bottom