• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Fury(X) Fiji Owners Thread

What's with all the paper launches lately?

I know these latest chips are huge but 28nm is 5 years old.

BTW can't wait for all the people who ordered from Scam to find out "in stock" doesn't mean in stock or whatever rubbish they're pulling nowadays. :D

"AMD does support DirectX 12, but not completely (but neither does Nvidia with the previous-gen products). The current generation GCN based GPUs don’t offer full DirectX 12 support, they are limited to Feature Level 11_1 & 12_0 while the competition with Maxwell have full Feature Level 12_1 support." doh.
Again? Just to recap no card from either vendor offers full DX12 support (indeed what this means is not really defined).

Of the feature levels specified only Maxwell 2.0 (not earlier maxwell cards) have 12_1, but they are missing a whole bunch of other stuff too (indeed in some areas Intel iGPUs are ahead of both AMD and nVidia in DX12 support!) while AMD lead in resource binding tiers. So swings and roundabouts and all of it is pretty irrelevant as the rarer hardware bits simply won't get used much in games and can be done via software anyway.

Looking like a very nice upgrade coming from a 290x.. I dont care how it does against TitanX or 980ti all I care about is price, cooling, design, noise and performance to what I already own.

Well done AMD..

You've been using crossfire 290's for months though so it's not really an upgrade, and you've just spent money custom cooling one of them? It's going to cost you more to upgrade for worse performance, I thought crossfire worked perfectly for you as well?

Good luck those that got cards. Nice to see competition. Ill stay nvidia gsync thanks. Pcper suggesting driver tuning for memory per game. Not great if you have to wait for that based on amd driver release history though.

a couple of sites are using one of the aftermarket cards and at 4K with a decent overclock the 980ti is beasting the FuryX, so unless/until the FuryX is unlocked it is a complete cake walk at all resolutions in favour of even a relatively mildly OC'd 980ti

even if for the same price you could have a card that overclocks a good margin more?

Time will tell if it can overclock. I personally dont overclock so it means nothing to me.

You've been using crossfire 290's for months though so it's not really an upgrade, and you've just spent money custom cooling one of them? It's going to cost you more to upgrade for worse performance, I thought crossfire worked perfectly for you as well?

Am not upgrading yet! am just finishing off another PC were these GPU will sit and then i'll be buying FuryX and another later into the year once they drop a little more..

I dont care about what i have spent, never look back. Infact most my hardware I dont even sell on for a profit.. it goes to friends and family.

Back
Top Bottom