• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Fury(X) Fiji Owners Thread

Funny how a lot of the folk talking about "too expensive" and "price gouging" have sigs that suggest they have pretty old mid range tech. Not aimed at everyone, but just because others choose to buy stuff at top price doesn't make them silly.

You never know, those people might be using them to post their own reviews/videos that will generate a decent more % of exposure by being one of the first to post.

Also, you don't have to buy it... lol.

After reading reviews.

I cannot see any real reason why we would purchase a Fury X over a 980ti, when they are not priced the same, and the 980ti is pulling ahead on benchmarks?

It's not though is it.

It's pretty even stevens and even has a lead in higher resolutions. Not to mention that we're at the start of the driver roadmap with Fiji chips and the GM200 on the 980ti has had a bit of development already.

The AIO cooler puts me off personally, but it's still tempting, especially at that price (£510).

Looks like I'm keeping my 780ti a bit longer then, bit of a let down really, can't even comprehensively beat a 980ti, which a lot people here, me including, thought it would/should do.
Any reviews up for the Nano yet?

Regards the OC'ing, will that be as simple as a firmware upgrade to allow that... as and when AMD deem the card 'safe' to do so? It's an "overlockers dream" as they said after all... although maybe the emphasis needs to be on "dream" there! ;)

Out of interest, this is AMD's range topping card and so you would expect some users to be running 4K with them.

What benefit does the high memory bandwidth have over the size of the VRAM? Will the speed negate this issue or are people going to notice the lack of it compared to say the Ti with 6GB.

Pretty dissapointed,i wanted and expected a little more.Looks like im just gonna stick with my 970 and mayb grab a 2nd cheap used one.

VFM proposition for an upgrade to a furyx/980ti just isnt there for me :(

It brings other things to the table outside raw performance and at a reasonable price too however

:cool:

Looking forward to getting my four tomorrow looking at those results. Drivers will drive up performance over the next few months. :)

Matt is that a driver issue that the card is really inconsistent?
The performance is not bad, but it changes hugely depending on res and game title. In some games it could just about beat a 980@1080p, then suddenly beats the 980Ti@1440p

This casts a bed shadow on the launch...why is that?

Back
Top Bottom